More Payton rumors (Jason La Canfora re: trade scenario speculation) (1 Viewer)

This article is the polar opposite of Triplett's article. I wonder which guy is more familiar with the situation?

Jason La Confora or Tripplet.

I'll give you one guess who's actually credible. And I love the mushy "Not expected to" qualifier. Is there even any actual news there? Sports journalism has to be the easiest job in the world.

Don't buy it. 2017 is shaping up to be the decisive year for the organization.

There it is. My Sunday "splash" article. I thought I was going to have a football Sunday without an article about Payton or Brees being traded.

Oh football gods, you spoil me.

Not one researched fact in that whole piece. Just a straight up opinion piece about how Bensons teams aren't doing well, questions about future ownership which are settled, how Benson needs the cash, which I seriously doubt, and how Payton is a California native. Big deal. Just like last year, if reporters are going to put this out how about a source?

Totally speculative piece.

But if there are offers....

Payton may not be interested in going somewhere where he clearly works for the GM, especially on personnel, player and otherwise.

I have become indifferent to these articles. Going or staying doesn't matter much to me. It's been great and it could come back with this coach but it could stay mediocre. I don't know who would be better and there could definitely be worse.

I never thought I would say this but I could care less if he left. I say keep Brees until he retires and make Pete Carmichael HC. Get what we can for a trade. I have lost faith in his decision making abilities.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom