More Star Wars coming... (1 Viewer)

MrVoodoo

Coach J
Reaction score
Umm... yeah so I'm not a big Star Wars fan or anything
<--- see?

I've been eagerly awaiting more and more information on the upcoming Star Wars live action series that Lucas is working on... but now there's more!!

an animated star wars sitcom from Seth Green (family guy) and Matt Senreich (robot chicken) will be coming... I imagine to cartoon network alongside clone wars, but no idea yet... but produced by Jennifer Hill (backyardigans haha)

http://www.variety.com/article/VR1118017263.html?categoryid=14&cs=1&ref=verttv&ref=ssp

So what about the Live action series??

It won't be focusing much at all on the original cast/storyline of the first 3 movies (the good ones from so long ago). It'll focus on some of the side characters we've grown to love over the years... all you Boba Fett fans out there - rejoice! He'll have a big role I imagine. Karen Traviss was working on a Boba Fett novel which was canceled as it conflicted with some of the canon (storyline) from the live action series. I believe that the kid who played little Fett in the newer movies will be playing Fett in the live action series - Daniel Logan I think is his name (he's grown up now).

The live action series is supposed to be dark and gritty taking place during the time when the empire is really forming, the jedi are being hunted down, and the galaxy is in turmoil (around the time that Starkiller is being trained by Vader)... ooh I hope Vader makes several appearances!

Also - as a member of the 501st legion - hoping they get some play in the show.

**Time to start really working on my Vader costume - gah I'm such a geek! haha

Anyone else out there looking forward to the live action series? Dunno how much I'm looking forward to the animated sitcom, but it shouldn't be too bad with those two guys working on it.

These aren't the movies you're looking for. You can go about your business.

You know, when I referred to the NCC-1701-D this morning, I thought I had geeked up the board enough for one day. I see I was wrong.

Where have gotten your info on the SW live action series? I've looking for info regularly for a year, but it seems to have gone completely silent.

Oh for syfy geeks, the new season of Doctor Who started last saturday and it looks like another winner. Matt Smith of the new doctor was brilliant.

hellokittydarthvader.jpg

I hope they stick with the young Boba Fett, before they started calling him Boba Fat

boba_fett_1.jpg

Where have gotten your info on the SW live action series? I've looking for info regularly for a year, but it seems to have gone completely silent.

This (http://io9.com/5467159/live+action-star-wars-series-is-leaking-details) is the most recent article - where I got the information about Karen dropping her Boba Fett book. Also - there's one of the prop makers... can't remember which one... that does a lot of stuff for us 501st costume builders that went offline for a while with the ultimate rumor being due to the fact that they were creating a buttload of props for the live action series. I think it's the hyperfirm guys at sci-fire but I'm not 100% on that (it's been a while).

After the muddle Lucas made of the saga with those last three films, I hardly see this as encouraging news.

Uh oh, the one topic that causes me to geek out really, really badly.

Anyhow, I can't wait. I am not too familiar with the "canon" prior to A New Hope. However, I know they have already done a series of video games based around the events that were supposed to have taken place in between ESTB and ROTJ.

Personally, I have always been scared something would come out that would be way too heavy on Boba Fett, since he is a fan favorite. But on the other hand, there is a serious lack of stuff to explain how/why Fett and Han Solo have such a bitter rivalry. So I am really eager to see something done to do justice to that subplot.

Anyway, I am happy you shared this. :)

There will be plenty of Jawas, Gungans, Ewoks and other lame characters to ruin the these I'm sure.

There will be plenty of Jawas, Gungans, Ewoks and other lame characters to ruin the these I'm sure.

Jawas I can deal with. Although I hope there is some development that Gungans get experimented on with an early Death Star prototype or something. That would be totally worth bringing them back up.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom