More TD passes than punts (1 Viewer)

Spec

ALL-MADDEN TEAM
Reaction score
Since 1940, Tom Brady in 2007 is the only quarterback to throw more TD passes than his team's total punts that season. Brady had 50 TD passes, and the Patriots punted 44 times that year.

This year, there are two quarterbacks on pace to join TB12 in this rare club:
- Drew Brees, with 21 TD passes while Morestead has punted a mere 19 times.
- Patrick Mahomes with 31 TD passes while KC has punted 28 times.

I do not think that Mahomes can keep up this pace and will fall behind his punter by the end of the year, but Drew has a legitimate shot at becoming just the 2nd QB to achieve this feat.

Since 1940, Tom Brady in 2007 is the only quarterback to throw more TD passes than his team's total punts that season. Brady had 50 TD passes, and the Patriots punted 44 times that year.

I do not think that Mahomes can keep up this pace and will fall behind his punter by the end of the year, but Drew has a legitimate shot at becoming just the 2nd QB to achieve this feat.
They both have a legitable shot and both are on pace.

They have the Raiders twice, Baltimore, & Rams on their schedule. I think it's not gonna be until the postseason that he tails off.

Update: Drew with 4 TD passes and Morstead with just 2 punts against the Eagles.

Drew leads Morstead 25 - 21 now.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom