More than one way to build a champion (1 Viewer)

home dog

Banned
Reaction score
Forget about DRC, Ellis ,Dorsey, Rivers ,Long, Golhston. How about Mendenhal in the 1st. A wideout in the second; Sweed, Kelley, Jackson,Doucet, Nelson Caldwell. Sam Baker in the third.Payton is an offensive coordinator at heart. Don't buck the flow. Saints can win with offence. YA THINK;NOT.

If you want to draft offense the entire draft...
1) Ryan Clady OT
2) Martellus Bennett TE
3) Eddie Royal WR
5) Thomas Brown RB
6) Fernando Valasco G/C
7) Chaz Schilens WR

ok, for your first post.. welcome to the board., and reading it.. please do yourself a favor and go up to the sticky's and read the thread titled, "newer members please read". it helps stay out of trouble.. and thinking of it.. i guess it's time for me to re-read it..
have a great evening.

If you want to draft offense the entire draft...
1) Ryan Clady OT
2) Martellus Bennett TE
3) Eddie Royal WR
5) Thomas Brown RB
6) Fernando Valasco G/C
7) Chaz Schilens WR

I especially like Royal in round 3. Ask the Patriots how far their offense got them last year when facing only a defensive line that was superior. The Giants don't have a great secondary or LB corp, yet they managed to shut down the greatest offense ever. And although I agree with your thread title, consider that Indy didn't win a SB until their defense got their act together, and that Favre didn't win one until Reggie White came along. Dallas with their big 3 didn't win without the future HOF's they had on that defense either. I have seen SB champs with a great defense and average offense, but never a great offense and a crappy defense, which is what we will continue to have unless we get a DT, CB, and S. Even teams like San Fran had a great S and stout Dline that got interior pressure.

Last edited:
another emphasis on the D.. The greatest show on turf, the st louis rams didnt win the Superbowl, till the returned with a top rated D to go with there offense.

granted, i think the OP was trying to be sarcastic, when the "NOT" a the end of his statement.. and why i referenced the sticky.

I'll pass on the OT Clady. I like playmakers on either side of the ball. If you can't score or can't tackle, don't apply.

Ask the Patriots how far their offense got them last year when facing only a defensive line that was superior.

That's kind of a weak argument. Although, the Giants D-line did a great job of harassing Brady, it wasn't like they were the Iron Curtain or anything. Anyone that watched that game knows it was anyone's game in the final minutes. I give the Giants credit for making good plays at opportune times. The Giants offense (or the Patriots defense) was just as vital to the Giants winning that game.

However, I do agree with the whole philosophy of defense wins championships.

That's kind of a weak argument. Although, the Giants D-line did a great job of harassing Brady, it wasn't like they were the Iron Curtain or anything. Anyone that watched that game knows it was anyone's game in the final minutes. I give the Giants credit for making good plays at opportune times. The Giants offense (or the Patriots defense) was just as vital to the Giants winning that game.

It took an act of God to save Eli from a sack, and the craziest circus catch ever for the Giants to win that game.

You and Bonchie have good points, but without that defensive line, the Giants had NO chance. The game wouldn't have been close enough for Eli to make that great play and for Tyrie to make that great catch. You can argue about the Giants having a good offense, but they were the only team to beat the Giants, and aside from the QB, the defensive line was the MVP of that game. We already have a good QB. We don't have a solid defensive line. That defensive line is what kept Brady from exploiting the weak secondary are LB's of New York. You put our line on the Giants team, and it is a blowout. You put our line with DRC or Champ Bailey on the Giants team, and it is still a blowout. This is my point.

I still cant believe Eli won a SB. we can draft offense heavy next year. we at least need a mediocre D to make the playoffs and with a good draft on top of our FA pickups we might even have a good D.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom