More Wars McCain says "There will be more wars, my friends" (1 Viewer)

I'm in line with kicking the **** out of any radical extremists that are hell bent on killing Americans, through wars or other means.

I can sleep better at night knowing there is someone in the White House that agrees with me.

Terrorists must be thrilled that they can easily frighten so many people like this. At this point, they don't even really need to attack us.

If you're as terrified as you imply, they've already won!

Not a Colbert Report viewer, eh?

Haha, not really. I love the Daily Show but for some reason just couldn't really get into the "Repore". I guess it's the lack of a straight man for Colbert to play off or something.

Haha, not really. I love the Daily Show but for some reason just couldn't really get into the "Repore". I guess it's the lack of a straight man for Colbert to play off or something.

I was the same way until I watched it a few times. I now prefer the Repore, although I never miss the Daily Show either.

I like Pat Buchanan but listening to him speak about McCain scares the crap out of me. Just knowing all the things McCain has said and done. Especially all that POW stuff, he just seem soo dishonest and mainstream political.

Don't know how you got that. If anything McCain is flat-out too honest. The American public doesn't want to hear "there will be more wars". Even the "stay the course" people want to hear we're fixing to win this thing! *insert fist pump* Coming right out and explaining that you forsee a difficult road ahead with more sacrifice and more conflict isn't a popular, mainstream, or political message.

But it is an honest assessment of what the man believes.

McCain will be the perfect candidate to play into Bin Laden's hands

CNN Article

Ah-Haaaaaa! And we thought the economic melt-down was from an over-spending, over-extending public and poor fiscal policy making government. When the whole time it was Bin Laden from a cave in Afganistan with a lap top, Verizon PC card and a few hundred million dollars.

This idiot (Bin Laden )is trying to take some credit for the economic crisis we are currently facing. So no longer does he want to blow us up ( his element of surprise is gone and he resides at 101 Cave Court in Cave, Afganistan ) but now cause us financial harm.

How does he have followers?...now that I think about it wouldnt it be poetic justice 30 years from now to walk into a retirement community to see Bin Laden and Bush playing peanuckle?

If I was Iran, and knowing everything McCain has said even before his presidential bid, I would be gearing up for war.

I cannot access the above links from the office, but I saw news footage of him saying "other wars." I don't recall hearing him saying MORE wars.

Just a point of clarification...can someone validate, please?

McCain said we would be in iraq for awhile and that we would be in another war(s) - Pat Buchanan stated he (McCain) wants to attack Iran - McCain didnt say that, PB said he wants that -

cant argue that point as long as McCain doest have plans for another already, if he was just saying another war is our country's future is likely then thats ok - if he is meaning we need to invade country "x" then thats another story.

the biggest problem we have with Bin Laden is we invaded the wrong country and are afraid to go where he is

I like Pat Buchanan but listening to him speak about McCain scares the crap out of me. Just knowing all the things McCain has said and done. Especially all that POW stuff, he just seem soo dishonest and mainstream political.
I can't recall another Presidential candidate who would so willingly state that we will be involved in more wars. This goes double at a time when most of them are telling you the exact opposite, McCain tells you diifferently (or what I like to call "the obvious"). Of course we're going to be in Iraq for a while. I can promise that we'll be there until my child's generation is grown. Don't fool yourself into believing otherwise. The only reason the place is still standing is because we're there. I can't imagine how horrible it would be were we to leave right now.

How exactly is that "dishonest and mainstream political"? If anything it's political suicide, yet he says it anyway. He's made a career out of ticking off his fellow pols by telling the public what the other guys won't say.

I don't think that you have been paying attention to him at all. The fact that so many members of the GOP can't stand the guy makes him all the more electable to me.

The world is flat and America is at the center of it all. That will soon come to an end and we need to shape world policy while we still have influence. First we will need to undo the catastrophe from the previous administration and leaving Iraq better than we found it is the least we can do.

Last edited:
He said there would be more injured soldiers, more blood shed. He basically said it's going to get tough but we aren't going to give up. There will be other wars.

If he wouldn't start them, then I doubt there would be other wars. How about a strong home-front. How about instead of encouraging terrorism we take away their ability to recruit by saying "America will be attacking us until we are all dead."

You really think that if we leave Iraq that terrorists will stop recruiting? You think that they'll run out of reasons to recruit should we drop everything and leave?

He wasn't being a warhawk. He was stating the obvious...

How exactly is that "dishonest and mainstream political"? If anything it's political suicide, yet he says it anyway. He's made a career out of ticking off his fellow pols by telling the public what the other guys won't say.

I don't think that you have been paying attention to him at all. The fact that so many members of the GOP can't stand the guy makes him all the more electable to me.

Exactly

I think we need to take a different stance on foreign policy. If our current course just gets us deeper and deeper into war, then I think it is time to try some non-interventionism.

I think we need to take a different stance on foreign policy. If our current course just gets us deeper and deeper into war, then I think it is time to try some non-interventionism.

That's your prerogative. The original objection to your post however was the idea that McCain was somehow being dishonest and "mainstream political" by saying something enormously unpopular and decidedly bad politically speaking.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom