More Westboro news.... Trouble in Oklahoma (1 Viewer)

Joe OKC

"Better Days"
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Here's the story...

McALESTER, Okla. | Members of the Topeka church that protests at military funerals may have found themselves in the wrong town last weekend.

Shortly after finishing their protest at the funeral Saturday of Army Sgt. Jason James McCluskey of McAlester, a half-dozen protesters from Westboro Baptist Church found that someone had slashed two tires on their minivan.

To make matters worse, as their minivan slowly hobbled away on two flat tires, with a McAlester police car following behind, the protesters were unable to find anyone in town who would repair their vehicle, according to police.

The minivan finally pulled over several blocks away in a shopping center parking lot, where AAA was called. A flatbed service truck arrived and loaded up the minivan. Assistant Police Chief Darrell Miller said the minivan was taken to Walmart for repairs.

http://www.kansascity.com/2010/11/17/2446624/members-of-westboro-baptist-church.html

This is now flying around.

Funeral Protesters Now Targeting Oklahoma Children's Funerals Posted: Nov 17, 2010 1:28 PM CST Updated: Nov 17, 2010 1:36 PM CST Protesters from the Westboro Baptist Church at an Owasso serviceman's funeral earlier this year. Protesters from a Kansas church who have gained attention through picketing at the funerals of fallen military servicemen are now turning their attention to protesting at the funerals of children to retaliate for their tires being slashed at a McAlester serviceman's funeral last week. Members of Westboro Baptist Church in Topeka, Kansas will be in Burneyville in southern Oklahoma today. That's where a funeral is being held for eight-year-old Jalen Wolfe, who died in an accident at the Love County Fairgrounds last week. On the WBC website, members say they are protesting because of the vandalism they suffered over the weekend while protesting at the funeral of McAlester serviceman Jason McCluskey. They say quote "the Lord curses them by killing Oklahoma's children and casting them into Hell." Furthermore, their website reads "Thank God For More Dead Children In Oklahoma!".

http://www.ktul.com/Global/story.asp?S=13520403

Joe

Last edited:
I hope they get the same reception everywhere they go.

I hope the town does what another town did recently. Find our where their permit allows them to be and get there first. Box 'em in and box 'em out! Keep them in the background where they can't see or be seen!

It would not bother me one bit if an entire community staged the funeral of a child just to lure these people into a trap and then do what should have been done years ago.

These clowns were here in New Orleans this past week to protest against a Jewish Federation Conference because...well, I guess they hate Jewish folks for whatever reason. They also hate Catholics for whatever reasons they have to hate Catholics, so a few churches in town got treated to classy signs like these on Sunday morning:

WestboroChurch0001.jpg

I think the general reaction was "meh."

"We're exercising our right to free speech!"

"Fine - we're just exercising our right to be inhospitable."

I think this is just another example of how disconnected Wal-Marts are from the surrounding community. Such a shame.

It should be illegal to protest at anyone's funeral. that is just wrong on so many levels.

I know what would stop all of this.. But it would never happen...

If the COPS wern;t there... I think that the Police should stand on these grounds... You have the right to free speech, but we will not use tax payer money to protect you. Next time that you protest, we will not be there.

Think about it... Ironic that the country that they are protesting is the one footing the bill to protect them.

Joe

Are they too full of chicken poop to go back to the same town?

Wish they would go protest against the muslims and let's see how fast the extremists respond.

These people are in need off a good old fashioned *** whooping.

That's how they make their money. They antagonize people into getting physical then sue. The leader is a former lawyer. They are sad sad pathetic wastes of human begins and honestly I don't think anyone would care if they disappeared off the Earth. The problem is that there is really no way to get rid of them without breaking the law yourself. Like someone else said above, you can only hope to block them out or just ignore them.

Random sniper...just sayin...

I was thinking the same thing. I mean w t f isnt there an ex army sniper who doesnt wanna put up with their **** anymore? Cant believe its took this long. I will make a sign thank god for snipers.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom