Morgan visited today...Thomas expected to visit tomorrow. (1 Viewer)

Saint James

Hall-of-Famer
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Hmm...wonder why the monday, then tuesday, now wednesday reports...

sycamoresaint

ALL-MADDEN TEAM
Reaction score
why not dan morgan? if we can give him an injury clause or game bonuses clause, it would be great. when the guy's healthy he's a beast

Slim K

Suggestions?
Reaction score
why not dan morgan? if we can give him an injury clause or game bonuses clause, it would be great. when the guy's healthy he's a beast
If he misses half the season, even if he produced very well, what does that do for us?

meily

More than 15K posts served!
VIP Contributor
Reaction score

cause he might not last through OTA's......i'd love to have him..but thats the Miami Dan Morgan, the NFL Dan Morgan can only take a few pops before he is back on IR.

See Hard

Spelling Police
Reaction score
zach is one hell of a procrastinator eh? good thing noone was holding their breath

fwaokda

man... im going crazy hoping for ZT to get signed with us and now it's going to be a whole day more??? ...prolly gonna be longer than that but I just wanna hear they sat down talked and had some juice boxes :D Anyways... so whats the story on DM ? Anyone have any information on him? I trust the organization in their decisions so whatever it is it's good news.

Infoman

Towelie / Marsh 2020
Reaction score
If he misses half the season, even if he produced very well, what does that do for us?
Gives us a half of a season with a NFL starting caliber MLB and Mark Simoneau on a sideline with some other team????

:shrug:

Ti Rider

Me Worry?
Reaction score
Here's why not -

Team GP
2001 CAR 11
2002 CAR 8
2003 CAR 11
2004 CAR 12
2005 CAR 13
2006 CAR 1
2007 CAR 3

The closest he's ever come to playing an entire 16 game season is 13 games. Over his seven year career he's averaged playing 8.4 games a year (just a tad over half a season). Morgan is beyond injury prone his natural position is no longer MLB but IR. My guess is he's looking for new contract with a decent signing bonus before he gets hurt again and retires from the NFL with an injury settlement.

meily

More than 15K posts served!
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I'm actually leaning more towards Morgan, but thats based on age....they both were/are Pro Bowl caliber players, but like fwaokda said...i'll trust what the Org does either way, cause your rolling the dice with both players....one has lost something to age the other has lost something to injuries.

Ti Rider

Me Worry?
Reaction score
I'm actually leaning more towards Morgan, but thats based on age....they both were/are Pro Bowl caliber players, but like fwaokda said...i'll trust what the Org does either way, cause your rolling the dice with both players....one has lost something to age the other has lost something to injuries.
Morgan's played in four games over the last two seasons.

King Jay I

Reaction score
I dont care for either of them. Odds are that they wont finish the season healthy. What can they do for us? Unless we draft great backups i dont see this helping us. Other than signing a recognizable name for once.

Infoman

Towelie / Marsh 2020
Reaction score
While debating Morgan everyone here states the obvious (Morgan has never been healhty for an entire season).... but no one ever states the other part of this debate in its' obvious nature.... even though Morgan has never been 100% healthy for an entire season... he has been a better player and has one more Pro-Bowl appearance than any MLB than has worn the Black and Gold since Sam Mills... despite his injuries and shortened playing time.

I am sure no one here is advocating to put all of our MLB "eggs" in the basket of Dan Morgan.... but at the same time... signing him to an incentive laced one year deal couldn't possibly hurt this team.... especially considering the fact that we have not had a MLB here with a fraction of the talent that Morgan possess since the Mills went to Carolina.

Even if Morgan falls off the bench during mini-camp and his brain falls out of his left ear.... he's worth the risk of signing him to a 1 year deal considering we have absolutely no one that resembles an NFL MLB on the team... and there is a chance (however remote) that he stays healthy... and we all know what kind of player Morgan is when he is actually on the field.

my 2 cents

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

New Orleans Saints Twitter Feed

Headlines

Top Bottom