Morstead injury? (1 Viewer)

I can understand moving on even if he heals up and can punt at a high level. At 35, it takes longer to heal and the game is physical, even for punters. If it wasn't Morestead, I wouldn't be as squeamish about a youth movement.

Based on the way the Saints cut him without even picking up the phone to talk to him, I’d say he’s going to be punting for someone else this season. After all he’s done for the organization and the city, the Saints really did him dirty in my opinion.

you want to move on, that’s fine, but coach and loomis should have picked up the phone and called him.

Morestead being cut most definitely had to do with the Salary Cap. Looks like Saints did him wrong by not calling.

In the end makes no sense to pay him when there is a cheap, young and capable punter on te team.

Im glad i got to enjoy Morestead for many years as a Saint. Hope he lands somewhere if that's what he wants.

It made no sense to me how he just seemed to fall off a cliff over one offseason, so hearing of an injury doesn’t surprise me. I also sense this is what happened to Cam. Obviously these guys are older and take longer to recover, but they were both playing at super high levels just the previous season, so I don’t strictly blame it on decline, as much as I do being slower to recover from injuries. I feel for Morestead, as he has been a huge part of our success over the years. I hope he gets to continue booming punts for a few more years.

Based on the way the Saints cut him without even picking up the phone to talk to him, I’d say he’s going to be punting for someone else this season. After all he’s done for the organization and the city, the Saints really did him dirty in my opinion.

you want to move on, that’s fine, but coach and loomis should have picked up the phone and called him.
Where did you see this? The parting was handled very well from my perspective with both sides getting a good chance to thank each other quite publicly

Where did you see this? The parting was handled very well from my perspective with both sides getting a good chance to thank each other quite publicly

In an interview from Morstead he said the cut came as a bit of a surprise because the team had not contacted him, his agent just let him know the team had cut him.

He’s just a nice guy.

I’ve read similar stories from others that were let go.

Last edited:
Morestead is a workout freak - his vids makes me tired just watching them
but i would think he needs to change things up a bit if he wants longevity - he's going to need more stretching and slow n low rather than his blasting workouts

I can understand moving on even if he heals up and can punt at a high level. At 35, it takes longer to heal and the game is physical, even for punters. If it wasn't Morestead, I wouldn't be as squeamish about a youth movement.

I agree. And add in the fact that the young punter they found last year is apparently as good as Morestead used to be and is much cheaper.

Why the hell is everyone not spelling it Morstead? Put some respect on that man's name.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom