Morstead turns in another brilliant game (1 Viewer)

Bill

Still Leaking Gold
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
The kicking game rarely gets the praise when things go well. But they get curb-stomped when they make a blunder in a game. Our special teams, particularly the kicking aspects of it, is a big reason for our recent successes. I wouldn't trade our guys for any other in the league.

And before it's all over Harris is going to find the endzone a few times this year! That kid is really exciting to watch! The TV cameras have to go wide angle just so they won't lose him on his returns!
:very-happy:

BlackandGoldXLIV

Lurkules (since 2001)
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I wonder if Morestead's pooch kickoff, is designed to spin back into the field or just pin the opponent to the sideline to limit a return?

Because if the Bucs let the ball go out of bounds, it's a penalty on the kicking team right?

Nolan

Subscribing Member
VIP Subscribing Member
Reaction score
Incredible. Special teams as a whole was brilliant. Allowing them zero returns. The huge blocked FG. The pooch kickoff. Oh, and the best returner in the game Deonte Harris only averages 15 yards a punt return on 4 returns.

OP
superchuck500

superchuck500

guarding the potatoes
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Diamond VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I wonder if Morestead's pooch kickoff, is designed to spin back into the field or just pin the opponent to the sideline to limit a return?

Because if the Bucs let the ball go out of bounds, it's a penalty on the kicking team right?
Yes.

efil4stnias

one lonely Beastie i be...
VIP Contributor
Reaction score

its designed to do exactly what it did, confound the receivers and make them make a snap decision.

I cant express just how great that kick was. Depth, placement and time in air - put so much pressure on the two Bucs, they had no idea what each other wanted to do.

JvilleJoe

Subscribing Member
Platinum VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Props to great execution, but also props to coaching to anticipate this scenario as this was very likely practiced beforehand.
Exactly right. Here we are with a extremely shortened pre season practice and we obviously emphasized every aspect of our team. Great call, great execution and unbelievable effort to get that ball on the pooch.

OP
superchuck500

superchuck500

guarding the potatoes
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Diamond VIP Contributor
Reaction score
its designed to do exactly what it did, confound the receivers and make them make a snap decision.

I cant express just how great that kick was. Depth, placement and time in air - put so much pressure on the two Bucs, they had no idea what each other wanted to do.
Yep - because it's a live ball with hang time, the coverage is right on top of it. The receiver can't really play around with trying to figure out if it is going to bounce out of bounds, it's too risky.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Headlines

Top Bottom