Video Moscona, "TY Montgomery another SP dynamic weapon!" (1 Viewer)

TCEd

All-Pro
Reaction score
Matt Moscona reacts to the New Orleans Saints signing hybrid WR/RB Ty Montgomery. He compares Montgomery to other players head coach Sean Payton has developed and made key contributors in the Saints offense. Plus he gives loads of props to coach as the best ever at taking players & finding their nitch, gives some great examples like Colston, P Thomas, Taysom Hill, ect...

Honestly, I can see Montgomery in a Cadet like role. Third running back who is a capable, dependable hand but not exactly a world beater.

I like the signing because there is zero risk but I don't think this books us in the Super Bowl

Honestly, I can see Montgomery in a Cadet like role. Third running back who is a capable, dependable hand but not exactly a world beater.

I like the signing because there is zero risk but I don't think this books us in the Super Bowl

Well you're only right because we already were booked for that!

He backs up Kamara and gives you a lethal No position package

Kamara , T. Hill, Montgomery, Harris, Cook and Thomas/Brees

There playing checkers while Payton’s playing chest

Any way you cut it the defense will be confused and someone’s not only going to be open but we talking a lot of busted coverages I can guarantee you.

Thanks for the link TCEd. Very good analysis by Moscona. He may not be right, but it is refreshing to see a reporter who actually does his homework. Good link.

He backs up Kamara and gives you a lethal No position package

Kamara , T. Hill, Montgomery, Harris, Cook and Thomas/Brees

There playing checkers while Payton’s playing chest

Any way you cut it the defense will be confused and someone’s not only going to be open but we talking a lot of busted coverages I can guarantee you.
Diverse personnel groups are great and they make defenses spend a lot of practice time trying to rep against them and be prepared to face them on Sundays, which takes time away from other aspects.

But just remember that when the teams line up on the field, the defense will still count up how many players are on each side of the OL, where the strength is, how many are in the backfield, and then just follow the rules their DC has given them. It's not quite as mystifying as you might think in that respect, and certainly not at a professional level.

We'll have probably the best coach in the business exploiting those rules and creating favourable matchups for us, but the opposing defense won't be more prone to confusion or broken coverages as you seem to think.

Diverse personnel groups are great and they make defenses spend a lot of practice time trying to rep against them and be prepared to face them on Sundays, which takes time away from other aspects.

But just remember that when the teams line up on the field, the defense will still count up how many players are on each side of the OL, where the strength is, how many are in the backfield, and then just follow the rules their DC has given them. It's not quite as mystifying as you might think in that respect, and certainly not at a professional level.

We'll have probably the best coach in the business exploiting those rules and creating favourable matchups for us, but the opposing defense won't be more prone to confusion or broken coverages as you seem to think.

your right and any way you cut it

mike and Kamara on one side REQUIRES 3 ppl

Cook, Harris on the other side Montgomery In the backfield
Taysom begins center

ANYWAY YOU CUT IT if it’s man coverage Cook,Harris , Montgomery or even Murray All get one on ones or Taysom runs wild if you don’t spy that LB or Safety Taysom runs wild ,Think Vikings game or Ravens all year long .

Your only option is to use zone but you still have the zone beater Brees as the general

your right and any way you cut it

mike and Kamara on one side REQUIRES 3 ppl

Cook, Harris on the other side Montgomery In the backfield
Taysom begins center

ANYWAY YOU CUT IT if it’s man coverage Cook,Harris , Montgomery or even Murray All get one on ones or Taysom runs wild if you don’t spy that LB or Safety Taysom runs wild ,Think Vikings game or Ravens all year long .

Your only option is to use zone but you still have the zone beater Brees as the general
Excellent post.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom