Most Disturbing Thought about the Game Sunday (1 Viewer)

Saints Nation

2012: The Lost Year
Reaction score
While I fully believe that the Saints have the talent to get the job done on Sunday, I also realize that should the Giants prevail, it would still be only one loss for New Orleans. BUT, if the Saints do lose and the falcons win at home against the Bears on Sunday night, then we have a tie for first in the division. The last thing I want to hear is about how outstanding the dirty bird team is and the upcoming Monday Nighter would go a long way towards deciding NFC South supremacy... The Saints are being lauded as the best team in the league, and for that reason, this game is HUGELY important. How many times have Saints teams received praise, and then dropped off the national radar following a loss? I keep trying to say that it's only one game, but I can't remember a game since the NFC championship in 06 carrying so much weight as far as the country's perception of what we have in New Orleans.

So all I can say is Win Saints! And then I can truly enjoy a falcons loss on Sunday night.

If we are 14-2 and lose both to the Falcons I'd puke. If we drop a game here and there and sweep them, I'll be happy. I'm all for taking care of the Falcons on our own. I get where you're coming from, but actually, if I had the power to write the script for the season and have it play out exactly as I wrote it... a part of me would love to see the Falcons finish 12-4 with us sweeping them and finishing ahead of them, with the seeding set so they meet us in the NFCCG where we do a Titans-Jaguar on them (of course they already lost and ruined the perfection of that).

Any way that the Falcons can get screwed is good in my book, and I'd kind of love to see them maintain their time honored tradition of bungling the year after a winning season, but it always seems a little sweeter when we can be the ones to stick the fork in them.

Actually if the Saints lost to the Giants and the Falcons win then Atlanta would be in 1st place because they have a division win.

I vomited a lil' bit when I read,
Saints Nation said:
Saints...and Falcons...tie for first in the division...

Please NO!!! Death to the Dirty Turds!

As much as it will pain me to do it, I'll be rooting hard for the Bears Sunday night...I'll probably be up the rest of the night throwing up afterwards, but if the Falcons lose, it'll be worth it.

While I fully believe that the Saints have the talent to get the job done on Sunday, I also realize that should the Giants prevail, it would still be only one loss for New Orleans. BUT, if the Saints do lose and the falcons win at home against the Bears on Sunday night, then we have a tie for first in the division. The last thing I want to hear is about how outstanding the dirty bird team is and the upcoming Monday Nighter would go a long way towards deciding NFC South supremacy... The Saints are being lauded as the best team in the league, and for that reason, this game is HUGELY important. How many times have Saints teams received praise, and then dropped off the national radar following a loss? I keep trying to say that it's only one game, but I can't remember a game since the NFC championship in 06 carrying so much weight as far as the country's perception of what we have in New Orleans.

So all I can say is Win Saints! And then I can truly enjoy a falcons loss on Sunday night.

Basically your right.

as far as winning the divison, making the playoffs etc, this game doesn't mean that much. 1 loss for a 4-0 team is nto a big deal. however the "perception" would be enough to torture you guys by hearing how your team is overrated and teh falcons are catching up and you shoulda won your divison now you might not etc.

point is one of the teams in this game is going to hear that, and that team is whoever loses

The Saints will sweep the falcons, you can take that to the bank.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom