Most embarrassing sports moment (1 Viewer)

It's probably not the most embarrassing but the first thing that popped into my head was the Aaron Brooks backwards pass.
If that is the one where we lost to Cincinnati? If so, that is what popped into my head mainly because I was at the game. The Bungles were 1-13 coming into the game and Saints needed just to win 1 out of 2 final games. After a ridiculously stupid by him, he walked off the field and sat 30 yards away from any Saints personnel. Then he refused to go in for the next drive which was the final drive of the half. The emmbarressing part is coming back in the 2nd half, Haslett put him back in. We lose 20 -13 and missed the playoffs via losing the final game to Carolina by a score of 10 -- 7. Haslett putting Brooks back in after he quit in first half is my embarrassing moment, as their fans were asking me why the hell would he do that.

Last edited:
having played and watched sports my whole life, I've probably been a part of a ton of embarrassing moments. totally whiffing on an easy popup while playing second base in high school comes to mind...

in terms of in person watching the Saints, the most embarrassing was the 2014 game against the panthers, when the Saints got blown out 41-10. you have to understand, my wife and I live in California and we choose one game every year to fly to New Orleans and watch in the dome. and that was the game we chose. smh. all the planning and expense for the trip, just to watch the game be over by halftime. Saints fans started leaving early, and a lot of the panthers fans left their seats and came down to the lower sections since the seats were empty. so we were sitting there fuming, surrounded by panthers fans, and we were refusing to leave early since that was the only game we were seeing in the dome. just a totally lame experience. luckily, there was plenty of booze to drown our sorrows.

The Wilson injury cheering was one of the most shameful moments I can recall as a fan. It’s one thing to be a frustrated fan, but to cheer your own QBs knee injury - on national TV Monday Night Football was just disgusting.

Dan Dierdorf called the booing fans “classless pigs”.

Mora went off, rightfully so.

The reasons they were being classless pigs was Wilson played way too many losing games for us that year. Every week the crowd was booing their performaces because they really sucked. Fans were just happy a change was made, if Mora would of pulled Wilson they would of cheered.

I was there and I too was hollering at the fans that that was classless and to stop their crap.

If that is the one where we lost to Cincinnati? If so, that is what popped into my head mainly because I was at the game. The Bungles were 1-13 coming into the game and Saints needed just to win 1 out of 2 final games. After a ridiculously stupid by him, he walked off the field and sat 30 yards away from any Saints personnel. Then he refused to go in for the next drive which was the final drive of the half. The emmbarressing part is coming back in the 2nd half, Haslett put him back in. We lose 20 -13 and missed the playoffs via losing the final game to Carolina by a score of 10 -- 7. Haslett putting Brooks back in after he quit in first half is my embarrassing moment, as their fans were asking me why the hell would he do that.
It was Nov 7 2004 against the Chargers.

From the fans?
Paper bags during the Benson Era.
I wasn’t around during Wade’s injury but I saw Mora’s press conference.
The paper bags were 5-6 years before the Benson era. Benson bought the team in 1986. The bags started during the 1-15 season of 1980. You wanna know embarrassing, you should've lived through the John Meacom Era, THAT was embarrassing, I don't blame the fans for wearing bags during that era. Anyone wanting to wear bags for ONE losing season now and missing the playoffs 2 years in a row has no regard with how hard it is to consistently win in the NFL, but it was justified in that era.

I thought Carney missing the XP against the Jags after the multi-lateral/Deuce-pass KO return TD on the last play of regulation to pull within 1pt was very embarrassing.

f003303ce54144d11bf9c17ac7011c67.jpg

Sean Payton mocking the Vikings fans to go on to lose the playoff game in the most spectacular Minneapolis Miracle fashion.

That's all Minnesota fans have is the Minneapolis miracle. Which is sad.

The thing about it is, they seem to forget they lost the very next week. They did nothing with that so called " Miracle". Yes it was a heads up play, but no trophy came if it.

Every time I have a Viking fan tried to bring that up, I just remind them of no Superbowl trophy after 4 tries, or thank them for Bret Farve's interception or Alvin Kamara's " Christmas miracle " of six touchdowns.

I'm not embarrassed with the Minneapolis miracle whip, because I know that's all that pathetic fan base has.

Without reading any of the comments the first 2 that come to my mind are the Mark Sanchez butt fumble and the Leon Lett play where Don Beebe chased him down and knocked the ball out his hand at the 1 yard line. Now I’ll go back and read the comments :D

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom