Most entertaining game that the Saints lost? (1 Viewer)

Hate he did not break Dan Marino's record but made up for it breaking the record of Peyton Manning's.

The SF playoff game in 2011. I was there at Candlestick and I never felt such highs and lows in such a short time. We were getting blown out with 5 turnovers on offense but we jut kept coming. Couldn't believe we came all the way back and basically won the game if it weren't for another playoff implosion.

I like the game because it was one of the best offenses of all time vs one of the best defenses we had seen in awhile. That 49er defense was loaded.

Objectively, I would have to say the Minnesota Miracle.
That loss still hurt, but if I wasn’t a fan I’d say that was an all time classic game.

The SF playoff game in 2011. I was there at Candlestick and I never felt such highs and lows in such a short time. We were getting blown out with 5 turnovers on offense but we jut kept coming. Couldn't believe we came all the way back and basically won the game if it weren't for another playoff implosion.

I like the game because it was one of the best offenses of all time vs one of the best defenses we had seen in awhile. That 49er defense was loaded.
This one for me too—that Jimmy Graham TD with roughly 1:30 left is one of all-time favorite plays—-then followed quickly by one of my least favorites

@ Whiners playoff game, 2011 season

+1

Brees destroyed that 9ers defense, and that was with the interior o-line barely containing Justin Smith.

That game was entertaining. I probably didn’t even think to list it though.

That was the most crushing loss I’ve felt as a Saints fan (since 2000).

1) 2011 Niner game
2) 2018 Rams game
Distant 3) 2002 week 15 Vikings game

One not mentioned yet was the home opener against Frisco in 1988. It was a great game, back and forth, and the Saints SHOULD have won the game except that right at the end with less than a minute to play (IIRC), on 4th and goal, Hebert threw what would have been a TD pass, but the Niner's safety committed blatant PI on the receiver, but was not flagged. The Niner player even said in post game interviews that he'd expected to be flagged, but thought it was better than giving up the TD that would have won the game for the Saints. Instead, no flag, Whiners kneel on the ball to run out the clock.
Didn't erase the fact that the Saints stayed with them toe to toe the entire game and actually did what was needed to win had the officials not blown the call (gosh, that sounds familiar...). It was a great game. Montana was firing, but so was Hebert; might have been the best game I ever saw Hebert play.
I was there, I was angry, but also thought that game showed just how good the Saints were and that we'd be a force that year. That was the year we finished 10-6 and missed the playoffs on tiebreakers. The whole off-season I stewed about how that blown call at the end of that very first home game robbed us of the playoffs.

Raiders 2016
Panthers 2015
Steelers 2006
Vikings 2008
Broncos 2016 winning TD blocked XP return for defensive PAT
tenor.gif

at Pats in 2013 after Brees threw the TD hail Mary to Stills
I'm still angry about that game. They full nelson-ed Junior Galette on the game-ending TD pass. Too bad the refs were Helen Keller, Ray Charles, Stevie Wonder, Phil McKinnely, and Gary Cavaletto.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom