Most Exciting Regular Season Game Ever? (1 Viewer)

cant

Rookie
Reaction score
I’ve been a fan since i was a little kid back in 06 (convenient year I know lol) and I honestly cannot remember a regular season game I have been more excited to watch than this Taysom Hill game. NE in 09, Rams 2018, come to mind as very hype games I was excited for.

But I was legit laying in my bed last night unable to sleep just thinking about the game this Sunday. I’m not expecting the best, but it will be truly fascinating to see how Payton dials up the offense. All against the falcons no less 😂

Saint Kamara

Formerly SaintSproles and SaintReggie
Reaction score
One of the most anticipated, yes.

Right behind the return to the Dome game vs Atlanta in 06 and the 09 Patriots game with an undefeated season on the line. Maybe the Green Bay Thursday night opener in 2011 as well.

Seattle game with Teddy last year similar feel.

jasonsw

Long live Duke and Goose
Reaction score
I’ve been a fan since i was a little kid back in 06 (convenient year I know lol) and I honestly cannot remember a regular season game I have been more excited to watch than this Taysom Hill game. NE in 09, Rams 2018, come to mind as very hype games I was excited for.

But I was legit laying in my bed last night unable to sleep just thinking about the game this Sunday. I’m not expecting the best, but it will be truly fascinating to see how Payton dials up the offense. All against the falcons no less 😂
Yeah this is a big time game. Could give us insight into future.

On that note if Taysom turns out to be a really good quarterback the Saints 2017 offseason could be considered one the greatest in recent NFL history.
Lattimore, Ramzcyk, Kamara, Hendrickson, Marcus Williams, Taysom Hill. Sure there are others just cant think of em for now.

Last edited:

guidomerkinsrules

W H A T E V I R
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
TH7 is one polarizing player.
As a player I actually think he’s galvanizing
Everyone loves TH
TH as QB is where it gets interesting and mostly bc it’s a theoretical future vs an incomplete history- each side with a limited sample size used to draw their conclusions

BelowZero

Professional Troll
Reaction score
Yeah this is a big time game. Could give us insight into future.
Taysom could have a few good games here, but he isn't the future. It's pretty obvious. Anyone who thinks a 30 year-old one-read running quarterback who prefers to run people over instead of getting out of their way will actually be a franchise QB/heir to Brees is wearing some pretty strong rose-colored lenses.

I don't believe any QB who's been given his first start at 30 has gone on to have a great career, especially when someone like Johnny Hekker has almost identical stats to Taysom. The idea of him being the future is even dimmer when you look at his availability at BYU. Not one healthy season played all the way through, what stats he did accumulate through the air weren't all that inspiring. He may be/is the guy for now, but he isn't the future.

saintmdterps

If we give ya the boogie, can ya handle it?
VIP Subscribing Member
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
As a player I actually think he’s galvanizing
Everyone loves TH
TH as QB is where it gets interesting and mostly bc it’s a theoretical future vs an incomplete history- each side with a limited sample size used to draw their conclusions
I think Taysom's going to be fun to watch, but Winston ultimately becomes the starter

OP
cant

cant

Rookie
Reaction score
I remember watching the Dome game in 06, I was only 10 though so I didn’t quite understand the magnitude of that moment. I don’t blame anyone for that being #1

St4ever

Hall-of-Famer
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Taysom could have a few good games here, but he isn't the future. It's pretty obvious. Anyone who thinks a 30 year-old one-read running quarterback who prefers to run people over instead of getting out of their way will actually be a franchise QB/heir to Brees is wearing some pretty strong rose-colored lenses.

I don't believe any QB who's been given his first start at 30 has gone on to have a great career, especially when someone like Johnny Hekker has almost identical stats to Taysom. The idea of him being the future is even dimmer when you look at his availability at BYU. Not one healthy season played all the way through, what stats he did accumulate through the air weren't all that inspiring. He may be/is the guy for now, but he isn't the future.
Your so negative towards TH that it is sad!
you mock others for having hope that a very good player who has been putting his health on the line every week for the Saints without incurring season ending injuries, which you seem to feel is right around every corner for him.
‘it is not TH’s fault that DB has always played through his injuries keeping him from a chance to play.
not sure you remember but it was TH himself that wanted to play so bad he ask to be put on ST’s and had a coach teach him how to tackle.

I for one would be happy for him to get a chance. There’s no better time then now with or defense playing lights out. This team loves Hill, and will work their butts off for him and be behind him the whole way. if they can back him then why not the fans?

im also excited to see what changes SP has up his sleeves for TH. He’s had years to dream them up!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Headlines

Top Bottom