Most Exciting Regular Season Game Ever? (1 Viewer)

Taysom could have a few good games here, but he isn't the future. It's pretty obvious. Anyone who thinks a 30 year-old one-read running quarterback who prefers to run people over instead of getting out of their way will actually be a franchise QB/heir to Brees is wearing some pretty strong rose-colored lenses.

I don't believe any QB who's been given his first start at 30 has gone on to have a great career, especially when someone like Johnny Hekker has almost identical stats to Taysom. The idea of him being the future is even dimmer when you look at his availability at BYU. Not one healthy season played all the way through, what stats he did accumulate through the air weren't all that inspiring. He may be/is the guy for now, but he isn't the future.
Your so negative towards TH that it is sad!
you mock others for having hope that a very good player who has been putting his health on the line every week for the Saints without incurring season ending injuries, which you seem to feel is right around every corner for him.
‘it is not TH’s fault that DB has always played through his injuries keeping him from a chance to play.
not sure you remember but it was TH himself that wanted to play so bad he ask to be put on ST’s and had a coach teach him how to tackle.

I for one would be happy for him to get a chance. There’s no better time then now with or defense playing lights out. This team loves Hill, and will work their butts off for him and be behind him the whole way. if they can back him then why not the fans?

im also excited to see what changes SP has up his sleeves for TH. He’s had years to dream them up!

Have been doing this since 1967. Of those I attended, I don't think anything tops the 2009 win over New England on Monday night.

We were unbeaten (as were the Colts) and nobody knew whether to take us seriously or not; the mood around the Dome heading into the game was absolutely electric, and we absolutely destroyed the Patriots on national TV.

I screamed so much I couldn't talk above a dead rasp until about Friday.

Taysom could have a few good games here, but he isn't the future. It's pretty obvious. Anyone who thinks a 30 year-old one-read running quarterback who prefers to run people over instead of getting out of their way will actually be a franchise QB/heir to Brees is wearing some pretty strong rose-colored lenses.

I don't believe any QB who's been given his first start at 30 has gone on to have a great career, especially when someone like Johnny Hekker has almost identical stats to Taysom. The idea of him being the future is even dimmer when you look at his availability at BYU. Not one healthy season played all the way through, what stats he did accumulate through the air weren't all that inspiring. He may be/is the guy for now, but he isn't the future.
Thats what people don't get. I'm a huge Taysom fan but when we say we would like to see jameis start you're a taysom hater. I love the energy and enthusiasm he brings but a 30 year old quarterback who has never started a game and the majority of his plays are running plays is not the next franchise quarterback. Sean will have to see him start awhile and see what his bad tendencies are to try to correct them while hope he stays healthy with the way he plays. As opposed to a 25 year that you have seen many starts and can start trying to correct.

But to answer the original question, be a fan in the 80s and 90s, ever game was exciting because we might win one lol. He'll during those years Morten Anderson kicking a field goal was usually our most exciting play

Have been doing this since 1967. Of those I attended, I don't think anything tops the 2009 win over New England on Monday night.

We were unbeaten (as were the Colts) and nobody knew whether to take us seriously or not; the mood around the Dome heading into the game was absolutely electric, and we absolutely destroyed the Patriots on national TV.

I screamed so much I couldn't talk above a dead rasp until about Friday.

I've watched that game more than the Super Bowl.

It's the most anticipated week 11 game ever lol. And it's a strange situation because it seems like some people are actively rooting against Taysom. He's such a good dude, how can you not root for the guy? How about we give him a chance before we bury him?

My guess is that they don't think he will be good so they want him to fail so that they can be vindicated instead of being proven wrong and owning it like a man.

I'd feel better if we had had preseason and could have seen Hill have at least a full quarter or full half. I am excited to see him play, yes, but not for the first time in a game that counts. I have my doubts because of that big question mark, but that hardly equates to actively rooting against him or WANTING him to fail or being gleeful to be proven "right".

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom