Most Important Player on Offense Besides Brees and O-Line (1 Viewer)

Who is the most important player on offense besides Brees and the O-line?

• Bush

Votes: 39 17.0%
  • Bell

Votes: 6 2.6%
  • P. Thomas

Votes: 24 10.4%
  • Evans

Votes: 12 5.2%
  • Shockey

Votes: 13 5.7%
  • D. Thomas

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • Dinkins

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Colston

Votes: 117 50.9%
  • Henderson

• Meachem

• Moore

Votes: 18 7.8%

• Total voters

FanaticalSaints

Just as Deuce was by far the most important offensive player on the Saints '06 team (besides Brees), I think Pierre Thomas is by far the most important player this year because he gives us a legitimate threat on the ground.

I think it is likely that every team is going to load up to stop Brees and the passing attack first, and when that happens, Pierre Thomas will be indispensable in making teams pay.

I forgot to include an option for "None."

With the way our offense functions and the way Brees spreads the ball around, None is probably a legitimate choice.

It's Colston.

I know it's popular to think that any WR will do, but when he's on the field we are exponentially more explosive, especially near the goaline.

I'm with Colston, he looks like a man playing against boys sometimes, and Brees has a knack for throwing him open. Its a beautiful thing to watch!

That's a tough one!

I guess Pierre would be it, but can you imagine the Saints permanently without Colston or even Moore?

But you're right that Brees and the O line are the heart and soul of the Saints offense. Losing Evans or Nicks would really hurt our running game.

I voted for Heath Evans. It was a tough choice though. I see a definite change in our running game and while some can be attributed to the O-Line, I think he is helping the cause too. Plus when he get's his chance to carry the rock, he makes the best out of every carry it seems like. I liked him as a free agent pickup in the preseason, and the guy just seems to grow on me every game.

I almost said Evans because of his hand in the improved in run game, but pure and simple those short yardage runs we could not get the last two years are from Bell. It has made us more dynamic and allowed us to eat clock so I think he has had the most impact on our success.

The beauty of this offense is that there is no clear cut choice. We can run on you if you take away the pass. We can dink and dunk if you take away deep. We can go over top of you if you cheat up. Depending on how the other teams scheme defensiviely, it changes the answer to the poll.

And Reggie continues to have to be accounted for. I do not under estimate his importance, despite the lack of numbers.

Even though I diss Bush like crazy, I do believe he is one of the most important players on the field. Everyone flocks to him which gives us more opportunities :)

It's easy to say Colston after Sunday's game, but what struck me during the game is the increased ability for our receivers to get open with the return of Lance Moore. It was also obvious how strong our running game was with all three backs being healthy. Bush continues to draw the attention of opposing defenses, which opens up the field for our other offensive weapons. The growth of Heath Evans increases his value every week. A healthy Shockey is playing night and day difference compared to his injury-plagued season last year. And of course the O-line...can't say enough about their improved play, which IMO could be attributed to the defensive sets that GW throws at them in practice (but Gregg Williams isn't a choice, LOL). So I'd have to vote "all of the above" (I just couldn't say "none"!)....Brees is the focal point who makes it run, no doubt, but I'd find it hard to pick an MVP on the offense after him. They are all key pieces in a wonderful, beautiful puzzle.

Just as Deuce was by far the most important offensive player on the Saints '06 team (besides Brees), I think Pierre Thomas is by far the most important player this year because he gives us a legitimate threat on the ground.

I think it is likely that every team is going to load up to stop Brees and the passing attack first, and when that happens, Pierre Thomas will be indispensable in making teams pay.

The same could be said about the Vikings. Who is the most important player on the Offense besides Favre at a skill position?

The unamious choice would be Peterson by a large margin. Why? Because he leads his team in rushing and the NFL.

Back to the Saints....Pierre Thomas has 340 less yards as Peterson but also has 73 less carries and has only played in 2 1/2 games versus the 6 games Peterson has played in. Thomas trails Peterson by only 4 TDs scored.

If Pierre Thomas played the first 2 games and didn't have a bye week, he would be leading the NFL in yards and 2nd in TDs (I think Drew would still have more).

Just my opinion.........the WRs are a dime a dozen.....they could have had 3 practice squad players out there on Sunday.....the play action was done to perfection and the DBs and safetys were confused all game.

The respect of the running game opens up the passing game.

It's easy to say Colston after Sunday's game, but what struck me during the game is the increased ability for our receivers to get open with the return of Lance Moore. It was also obvious how strong our running game was with all three backs being healthy. Bush continues to draw the attention of opposing defenses, which opens up the field for our other offensive weapons. The growth of Heath Evans increases his value every week. A healthy Shockey is playing night and day difference compared to his injury-plagued season last year. And of course the O-line...can't say enough about their improved play, which IMO could be attributed to the defensive sets that GW throws at them in practice (but Gregg Williams isn't a choice, LOL). So I'd have to vote "all of the above" (I just couldn't say "none"!)....Brees is the focal point who makes it run, no doubt, but I'd find it hard to pick an MVP on the offense after him. They are all key pieces in a wonderful, beautiful puzzle.

If they do it again this week I will completely agree with you. However, the Giants were down 3 guys in secondary and the play action produced spacing that the WR had nothing to do with.

No Shockey love?
He's leading the team in receptions, his blocking contributes to our running success, and he's been clutch.

I agree....I would say:

Thomas
Shockey
Reggie

as the three most important players.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom