Most Improved? (edit: I added Trey Hendrickson per request) (1 Viewer)

Who is the most improved player on the defense?

• AJ Klein

Votes: 5 4.1%
  • Marcus Williams

Votes: 3 2.4%
  • Vonn Bell

Votes: 20 16.3%
  • Eli Apple

Votes: 20 16.3%
  • Marcus Davenport

Votes: 55 44.7%
  • Sheldon Rankins

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Malcolm Brown

Votes: 2 1.6%
  • Cameron Jordan

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Demario Davis

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Kiko Alonzo

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • PJ Williams

Votes: 3 2.4%
  • Marshon Lattimore

Votes: 6 4.9%
  • Trey Hindrickson

Votes: 7 5.7%

• Total voters

David Robbins

Ole Miss Rocks!
Reaction score
Our entire Defense is playing great football right now, and they are only going to get better. I thought, though, that I would ask this question. Who is the most improved on this unit. We all thought not long ago that we had liabilities such as Klein, Bell, and the Nose Tackle position. Then, Marcus Williams took a nose dive last season. Now, everyone is playing excellent football. But, which is the most improved player?

I feel like Davenport didn't really improve. He just had to get settled and be healthy for a good minute. He was only healthy for 4 weeks. Missed preseason and played hurt.

Von Bell stepping up big as a leader. William seems back to his old self.

I think David Onyemata is going to have a break out season.

I'm going to say Apple, who didn't play so great last year. Still has a way to go.

I think Davenport (pre injury), Lat, Davis, and Bell all played about the same as last year.

The others, save Cam and Rankins, are a bit worrying.

We have several guys playing lights out right now & this is a hard poll due to the increased level of play by a a lot of guys. But my TV is telling me that PJ Williams is playing like a man possessed these past few weeks. He has had magnificent slot coverage & his run stopping support has been off the chain. Considering how weak the slot corner position was & how this guy has filled that gap. I have to politic for this guy as most improved player & that position as being the difference in letting our pass rush have such an impact on the opposing QB.

But my TV is telling me that PJ Williams is playing like a man possessed these past few weeks. He has had magnificent slot coverage & his run stopping support has been off the chain. Considering how weak the slot corner position was & how this guy has filled that gap.

"PJ" and "Magnificent" in the same sentence may be a little optimistic.

He's had some nice plays and even a nice game or 2, but he's about 50/50 right now, IMHO.

"PJ" and "Magnificent" in the same sentence may be a little optimistic.

He's had some nice plays and even a nice game or 2, but he's about 50/50 right now, IMHO.
Let us please keep in mind the starting point for each of these players. The award is most improved, not MVP.

IMHO, Vonn Bell.. he's on a different level than any other safety in the league right now.. the end.

NW.

Our entire Defense is playing great football right now, and they are only going to get better. I thought, though, that I would ask this question. Who is the most improved on this unit. We all thought not long ago that we had liabilities such as Klein, Bell, and the Nose Tackle position. Then, Marcus Williams took a nose dive last season. Now, everyone is playing excellent football. But, which is the most improved player?

just a reminder:

this is a TEAM sports and the D is starting to emulate that at a very High Level!

Whereas some players may be in the spotlight, it may very well be that other TEAMmates are doing their roles "unbeknownst to us" that are responsible for that success!

Geaux Saints D - Show us some At-HIT-tude!!!

You left out Hendrickson, who was a healthy inactive for most of last year and got 3 sacks in 2 games, as an option.
No. I was trying to go for our starters - and the slot DB is basically a starter - and not the rotational guys.

Apple would be an easy pick here but I think the secondary guys are getting a big boost from the front and I think the fact that Davenport is growing up is making everyone on the line better by the shifted heat. He gets my vote.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom