Most influential SNL sketch of all time (1 Viewer)

Not really skits, but Sandlers holiday songs are still played every year around Thanksgiving and Hanukkah.

My choice for most influential sketch in SNL history was the one where Eddie Murphy put all the makeup on to be a white guy. Absolutely hilarious!! :D

And I call it most influential for the fact that i have seen countless black comedians do the same stchick over and over again and make careers out of it. Like Dave Chapelle and others. For my money that was the most influential ever, and one of the funniest things I have ever seen!!!!

I cast my vote for the wild and crazy guys, but all of these are great. You have to love SNL.

As were a couple others that haven't been mentioned: Billy Crystal (Fernando)'s "You look mah-velous!" Everyone was waking around saying that- my excuse is that I was only 6 when it came out. :covri: ... And the other is Jon Lovitz: "That's the ticket!" That phrase was so ubiquitous that you had no chance of escaping it; people pretty much used it in any context you could imagine for about two years in the mid-80s...

There's a lady in my office about my age who still uses it. And still things it's popular. I'm pretty sure she things it's new. :covri: Thank God I moved and am not in that office every day.

I would second Weekend Update. It has sparked an entire genre of television.

I'd also give points to Dana Carvey's George Bush impersonation. I think that went a long way to defining how people viewed Bush. To this day I hear people quote Carvey and claim they are quoting Bush when really it was Carvey that said it. George Bush really isn't remembered as himself, he's remembered as Carvey's lampoon of him.

His Ross Perot was pretty funny too- "Can I Finish? Can I Finish?" Also loved the Carvey as Perot and Hartman as Adm. Stockdale "Toonsis the Driving Cat" skit. Freaking hillarious.

Man, I forgot about his Perot. That was priceless. He had a graph or chart for everything. :smilielol:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom