Most Likely Sophomore QB Slump? (1 Viewer)

Most Likely to have a Sophomore Slump?

• Colin Kaepernick

Votes: 66 46.5%
  • Andrew Luck

Votes: 4 2.8%
  • Robert Griffin III

Votes: 48 33.8%
  • Russell Wilson

Votes: 24 16.9%

• Total voters

Optimus Prime

Subscribing Member
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Last year was a great year for rookie QBs, maybe the best ever. And they just didn't play good for rookies, they were all very good QBs and looked like 10+ year cornerstones.

That said, who do you think is most likely to regress next season? I mean just regress for next year not that any of them is a flash in the pan or one year wonder.

I added Colin Kaepernick because last year was his first year starting.

I think the knee injury might mean that it's RG3, especially if he tries to come back before he's 100% (Adrian Petersen may have ruined proper recovery times for everyone)

I think that Russell Wilson is the real deal and had all the intangibles.

I really do think that it will be Kaepernick. With a full offseason to watch game film and prepare defenses will have much better gameplans in place.

(plus something about the Niners I'm not sold on, like they can go from 13-3 to 6-10 and never recapture the magic)

I'd say either Kraperdick or Wilson. Mainly bc they have just "OK" receivers (if their offenses stayed the same). Regardless, of their running ability, you have to be able to pass the ball in this league. If teams take away their ability to run, then I laugh at the likes of Crabtree, Sidney Rice/ Tate/Davis having to make play after play.

I went RG3, due to injury, but Andrew Luck is changing OC, but the new one can't ask him to throw as much as Ariens did

Most likely id say rg3 or kaepernick, least likely id say wilson or luck.
Rg3 and kapo are more prone to getting hit which leads to higher injury percentage. Wilson is the real deal. Period. Andrew luck is smart enough to improve on an already great rookie campaign..... Even tho he turned the ball over at a very high rate last year.

I think RGIII.

The injury and the fact that he was sheltered in some ways throughout the year (limited attempts, easy routes and reads, etc.). As more weight is put on him I think he'll struggle a bit, especially if he can't run as well.

RG3 is a good possiblity. He will have to work hard this off season on rehabing, which will neglect him from getting better as a QB.

It will be interesting with Andrew Luck, switching coordinators. They need to get that guy some Offensive line help.

Kaepernick should be fine, he will have his up and down moments, but I think he is legit.

Russell Wilson will be fine. Seems like a kid who will only get better little by little day by day.

And as much as I hate to be that guy, I think Kaepernick is the least likely to regress.

When RG3 gets back, is he gonna be super gun shy to run the ball. He's not very good if you take his wheels away from him.

When RG3 gets back, is he gonna be super gun shy to run the ball. He's not very good if you take his wheels away from him.

I disagree he is a great thrower. But the pistol does create a lot of wide open opportunities

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

I went with Luck, even though I don't think any will slump, but that wasnt a choice. Most of the slumps are for conventional QBs. As long as the other guys have opportunities to run, and still throw, their "slump" will look like Cam's this past year [which you cant really call a slump].

When a conventional passer slumps, he has nothing else to draw from and it looks worse.

I disagree he is a great thrower. But the pistol does create a lot of wide open opportunities

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

I thought the same thing, until watching a Baylor game, in person, with my own eyes. I would not ever doubt this kid, seriously. He has it all, and can do it ifhe never runs, at all. Will be interesting to watch him morph into a John Elway/Steve Young type QB, which I predict he will, with Shanahan at the helm.

Besides, he is running FAR too much in the NFL, and its on the HC to protect his asset.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom