Most lucrative song ever (1 Viewer)

Jimmy Buffet FTW!

A simple song about doing nothing but getting drunk. Like most of Buffet's songs, it's the attitude more than anything else. The beach. Casual. Laid Back. Drinking. It works.

The guy fell into a horse shoe factory and got one lodged in his A**

A simple song about doing nothing but getting drunk. Like most of Buffet's songs, it's the attitude more than anything else. The beach. Casual. Laid Back. Drinking. It works.

I think it's about more than that. The most brilliant art is that which can be interpreted in any way you want so that it reaches a wider audience and keeps people talking about it, but still tells a story.

Margaritaville has some happy vibe in the bright instrumentation, but to me is overall a very bittersweet, melancholy tune.

People can ignore the part about the failed relationship leading this man into his self-medicated depression and his slow realization of what went wrong and use it as their flagship "let's get drunk" song because he talks about being wasted on margaritas, but I would not call it a simple song.

And it's a song I love.

The guy fell into a horse shoe factory and got one lodged in his A**

He didn't really fall into anything, the guy worked his *** off.....

The horseshoe comment was tongue and cheek. He's certainly got talent but musically, he isn't very complex. And maybe that's the secret.

I've seen him several times in concert and actually met him once.

Terrible singing voice at least in my most recent experience. Almost like he was just mailing it in. Talk singing.

That said, he is talented and like Denzien said, it's art and translates differently to different people. The guy certainly captures a vibe that others can't or didn't. Kenny Chesney and Zac Brown band are clearly influenced by what Jimmy Buffet laid down first.

I guess what's most amazing to me is to see the success come to a guy that simply put; Makes it look easy.
And it's probably been real hard.

Too bad Jimmy Buffet ripped of Cocnut Pete. He wrote this almost 8 years before Buffet's Margaritaville

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/dPn33kAtdLU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

It's a song about lost love.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom