Most Overlooked Bands/Artists (1 Viewer)

AZ
probably the best rapper in the game right now, and no one has a clue who he is. (at least in texas) he just had a cd come out (undeniable)

Given your avatar, you should really check out Billy Bragg.

Edit: Oh, in addition to XTC, The Replacements and The Smiths, I'll add Husker Du, The Clash, Talking Heads and a very recent band, Wholewheat Bread to the list.

Last edited:
Brazilian Girls
Jazzanova
to an extent, Portishead

I'll come back with more later

Eh....they're good and I like them a lot.....but nowhere near the musicality. Maybe to the untrained ear....

Avenged Sevenfold could actually fit in with the Romantic period of classical music compositionally. The Buried and Me, and I do like them, fit in with other bands out there in recent times and now.

The first track on Between the Buried and Me's "Alaska" is very reminiscent of the epic nature of a symphony. Also dont insult Tchaikovsky and Rachmaninov by comparing their compositions to Avenged Sevenfold.

He's not an unknown artist by any means, but John Prine has not gotten the recognition he deserves. Dude should be a household name like Willie Nelson or Hank Williams. Also he is performing the second week of Jazz Fest, so check it out (same day as Stevie Wonder).

Blackfoot,Frank Marino are two awesome bands that dont get the credit they deserve.

How the hell did I not include Massive Attack in my first response? They more-or-less define overlooked.

When I am not listening to NFL radio on Sirius I listen to these guys

ALABAMA3 | AUDIO

listen to "Woke up this Morning" opening track from the Sopranos

In fact I am going to England next weekend to see them do 3 show in 3 different cities. Basically a 3 day party for me, leaving the wife at home!

Last edited:
Symphony X

Exhorder

Rammstein ( at least outside Europe)

Dimmu Borgir

Death

My friends band is opening for Symphony X on April 26th here in Houston. Check them out on Myspace.

Their name is Carry The Storm.

Ding ding ding ding ding Winner

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/CkJUIVfHq2s&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/CkJUIVfHq2s&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom