Most Overrated Bands (1 Viewer)

The Beatles.

Lennon & McCartney wrote some very good songs, but as a band? No. Sorry. Average, which, by virtue of their general standing, makes them easily the most over-rated band in the history of, well, bands.

The Beatles.

Lennon & McCartney wrote some very good songs, but as a band? No. Sorry. Average, which, by virtue of their general standing, makes them easily the most over-rated band in the history of, well, bands.

:plus-un2: I've had the same opinion for a long time now.

Even though I do like a few of their songs I have to say 'NIRVANA".

I would have to agree. I even own a few Nirvana CD's. I think where they can take credit is the fact that their popularity brought some great bands to the forefront in that era, namely Soundgarden and Alice in Chains.

Also, while I'm no raving lunatic fan, whoever thinks Tool is overrated, needs to listen to more music.(TM)

First of all, bands not over-rated:
The Doors. Jim Morrison might be over-rated, but not the Doors. The "musical" section of that band was one of the most talented and jazzy in rock history.
The Beatles. Yeah, and that Jimi guy too.
Radiohead. and neither is Weezer, Killah.
311 & Green Day. Sorry, but high school would've been a lot less interesting without them. Seminal acts, in their own way. Hey, don't blame the fans.

Bands that ARE over-rated:
Cowboy Mouth (All I can say is, their rider asks for "Lite" ranch dressing. How "punkabilly."
Coldplay (Radiohead meets A-Ha.)
Pantera (Yawn.)
Nirvana. Great band, but not the greatest.
the Beach Boys. I don't get the Brian Wilson cult-following. He sounds like an *** and his music is crappy.

Oh yeah, the Mars Volta, too: most over-rated band out there currently.

ACDC pops into my head. They wrote one freakin song, and just change the lyrics around a bit and rereleased it about 180 times under different names.

I never understood the appeal of George Thorogood. His stuff is like rap for rednecks.

Creed is indeed terrible

BTW, how is 311 overrrated?

I think it's just that most people either love them or hate them, and probably hate the people that are loyal to them.

That said, in order to be overrated, you have to be highly commericalized and highly rated by the media in the first place. Unless this is 1996/97 I don't really think 311 is even rated, one way or another, right now.

So, happy 311 Day. :hihi:

Velvet Revolver. With all that experience and they put out that garbage of nothing innovative or remotely new.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom