Most Overrated Bands (1 Viewer)

V Chip

Truth Addict (aww ^&%$ I got a head rush)
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Close enough to ATL to smell the stink of Falcons
I haven't seen a thread about this, so I figured I would start one.

I don't mean "bands you don't like." Backstreet Boys never were rated decently to begin with, so putting them in here would make no sense. I'm talking about bands that have received a decent amount of critical acclaim that you just don't get. For instance, a favorite "Overrated" of this board would be someone mentioning Pearl Jam as overrated, as they have received many accolades for their music.

I'll start

The Doors :idunno:

Guns 'n' Roses :idunno:

Usually the kiss of death for most bands is when they become popular... almost immedately people accuse them of selling out to do so.

Tie between AC/DC and Motley Crue.

jaycup said:

>>Tool

How, exactly, would Tool be considered overrated? :shrug:

>>Cream

I don't know. Their 3 albums were all pretty good (Fresh, Disreali Gears and Goodbye!). Bruce jammed on his 6 string bass, Ginger Baker was a great drummer and Clapton wasn't too bad then. :shrug: I like them. In fact, out of the blue, "I'm So Glad" popped into my head yesterday, and I haven't heard that in 20 years. :shrug:

TPS

Not to mention Blind Faith. That was when Clapton was still good.

I'll go with Creed as one of the most over rated bands. I'll throw in Korn too.

Man i gotta totally disagree with yall on the Doors and Creed. The doors were great and had alot of great songs for the short time they were together. L.A. Woman is one of the best albums i have ever bought, definately in my top 10 albums, every song on there is great.

There are alot of Creed haters on this board. I really like Creed, they had some great albums.

I never liked Blink 182, theyre very overrated

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom