Most overrated, over hyped player in draft (2 Viewers)

Im Going with Tua.

I don’t think he will be a complete “Bust” but I don’t think he will have a great career. He had a great arm and good mobility but playing on the best team surrounded by 5 & 4 star athletes at every position he rarely had to make the really hard contested throws. Most games I watched he was throwing to guys with 3 or more steps on their defender. I just feel he won’t live up to the hype everyone is putting on him.

You could say the exact same thing about Burrow. To the word.

Jalen Raegor is the most obvious bust, to me.

100% Denzel Mims. This dude is the stereotypical example of an athlete posing as a football player. The hype he got at the combine in his underwear, DO NOT match the film at all. If youre someone who is compelled and driven by pure athleticism as opposed to actual onfield football ability, then Mims is totally your guy. If youre all about a prospect being a true football player first, then Mims is covid 19 and you should STAY AWAY FROM THIS GUY.
I completely disagree. I like him a lot. He had a bunch of drops this season, but playing with a broken hand might have had something to do with it.

You could say the exact same thing about Burrow. To the word.

Jalen Raegor is the most obvious bust, to me.

I usually enjoy your takes Loose, but that is absolutely a falsehood. Burrow threw into some really tight windows and most of the time on the run.
He extended plays way past the norm and delivered passes right on the money, and this was when he was under more pressure than any other qb in college statistically.

Now don't get me wrong here. I think Tua is just as much a gamer and has done it more consistently, but he unfortunately has had his career cut short because of Saban.

That's the big ? of the draft. Is Tua healthy?

Hard to really find out with Covid going on.

I usually enjoy your takes Loose, but that is absolutely a falsehood. Burrow threw into some really tight windows and most of the time on the run.
He extended plays way past the norm and delivered passes right on the money, and this was when he was under more pressure than any other qb in college statistically.

So did Tua. It's why he got hurt.

I'm not saying Burrow isn't going to be great. I think he will. All I'm saying is that if you make the "he had supreme talent a around him" argument against Tua but not for Burrow, it's a bit disingenuous.

Where are you seeing stats around throws under pressure, by the way? I believe you, I'm just interested in seeing it (want to see where Ehlinger was)

Chase Young. Disappeared when they played anybody.

This is not true..

He had his two best games against the two best teams they played in the regular season.

4 sacks against Wisconsin
3 sacks against Penn State

The only people that don’t see Chase Young for what he is have only watched him in one game (Clemson) his entire career.

So did Tua. It's why he got hurt.

I'm not saying Burrow isn't going to be great. I think he will. All I'm saying is that if you make the "he had supreme talent a around him" argument against Tua but not for Burrow, it's a bit disingenuous.

Where are you seeing stats around throws under pressure, by the way? I believe you, I'm just interested in seeing it (want to see where Ehlinger was)
But it's not like Burrow just did well during his senior year. He was record breaking good, had arguably the best season ever by a QB, leading what will go down as possibly the best team in NCAA history.

Im Going with Tua.

I don’t think he will be a complete “Bust” but I don’t think he will have a great career. He had a great arm and good mobility but playing on the best team surrounded by 5 & 4 star athletes at every position he rarely had to make the really hard contested throws. Most games I watched he was throwing to guys with 3 or more steps on their defender. I just feel he won’t live up to the hype everyone is putting on him.

I can't disagree, I think he is a great talent. But will his skills translate in the NFL? I think that is a fair question. Perhaps more importantly, will he be able to stay healthy?

He is probably the riskiest pick in the top 10....

But it's not like Burrow just did well during his senior year. He was record breaking good, had arguably the best season ever by a QB, leading what will go down as possibly the best team in NCAA history.

I think Tua would have put up similar numbers in the same system with the same offensive talent around him.

But that's strictly opinion, and many won't agree.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom