Most predicted between 7-10 wins before the season started. (1 Viewer)

Reaction score
That was before knowing we'd lose our starting QB, our star receiver, our clutch kicker, and many more tough injuries along the way. Yesterday we were without 7 (I believe) pro bowl players, mostly on the offensive side of the ball. Truthfully, I don't think there's a QB/Coach combo in the history of the league that wins that game under those circumstances. Defense had a tough day, but as I've said, we cannot solely rely on them for every single game. Though they've been a major reason for our success over the last few years, even during rough offensive stretches, they are bound to have their struggles at times, too.

The obstacles we've faced have been absolutely incredible. As Duece Windham said on his podcast, these aren't excuses. These are facts. It's actually something that we are even at .500 right now. It may not be that way soon, but my point is, it's always tough after moving on from a long-time franchise, future HOF QB. Then, you add in the mountain of injuries to many star players, the odds are incredibly slim to do anything. We all need to remember that before jumping on the "fire him, cut him" train. We may lose most of the rest of our games. I would not be shocked. Still, the reason we may appear to suck is having so many crucial pieces missing, when I honestly think we were initially headed for a 10 win season. It is what it is. No excuses.. facts.

a80d4787ee64b605dbeda3000446df1e.jpg

I'm not saying it's over by any means. Not until we are statistically eliminated. I'm just saying people need to lower their expectations greatly and be realistic, which will lead to much less irrational posting on gamedays. Of course, that's still probably not going to happen, but I just felt like things needed to be put into perspective here.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom