Most sacks by a DT the last 2 seasons (1 Viewer)

Nevimeister

I was there!
Reaction score
Corey Williams Green Bay 14
Tommie Harris Chicago 13
Warren Sapp* Oakland 12 * Retired
Bryant Young* San Francisco 12 *Retired
La'Roi Glover St. Louis 11.5
Fred Robbins NY Giants 11
Darnell Dockett Arizona 11
Shaun Rogers Detroit 10
(Justin Tuck NY Giants 10 - really a defensive end)
Rob Meier Jacksonville 9
Cory Redding Detroit 9
Brian Young New Orleans 8.5
Albert Haynesworth Tennessee 8
Kevin Williams Minnesota 8
Damione Lewis Carolina 8
Rod Coleman Atlanta 8

As a sidenote Javon Haye had 6 sacks last season for Tampa Bay and is an unrestricted free agent

I have been an advocate for trading up for Sedrick Ellis or Dorsey if they get in range. I am now thinking if he is allowed to test free agency we must make a big play for Corey Williams. Not only is he the leading DT in sacks over the last 2 seasons, but he split them evenly 7, 7 which most on the list haven't e.g. Cory Redding had 8 in a contract year and 1 when he got a big new contract. He also had 3 forced fumbles and an interception this season. Obviously there are other elements to a DTs play than sacks, as is seen with the disruption Haynesworth causes but we lack disruption, collapsing the pocket and getting to the quarterback. Williams does this, is proven, young enough (28), durable and has a non stop motor. Green Bay took Justin Harrell 16th overall last year and is a similar player. Let's hope they decide to give him his chance as a 1st round pick and let Corey test free agency.

Also it is interesting to know Corey Willaims over the last 2 years has more sacks than Michael Strahan (12), Dwight Freeney (9) - played in 25 of possible 32 games and our own $63m dollar man Charles Grant (8.5)

I also think we should keep brian young, I remember last time we got rid of a small passrushing dt- La'Roi Glover , keep what we have and add to it, get corey williams and draft another. and a de and FS, CB,LB overload at on defense, and we are ready for injuries

Jovan Haye is the guy I want. Almost 70 tackles, 6 sacks, played in all 16 games, and is only 25 years old.

considering where Brian Young is on that list, i was shocked.. especially with all the games he missed this season.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom