Most underrated draft pick in Saints history. (1 Viewer)

Bala Lowkz

Who Dat Supporter.!!
Reaction score
Another offseason topic.

We had a thread for the greatest first rounder, so I ask who is the most underrated draft pick in Saints history? Or name a few.

Obviously I'm going to say Roman Harper lol. Dude has made some valuable plays, and has done a lot for this team, but somehow he had been the butt of everybodies jokes.

Wayne Martin is another underrated draft pick. The fact that he only touched one pro bowl disgusts me.

Ricky Williams, and Reggie Bush are iffy. Because in many cases one is underated and the other is overrated.

Will Smith is a huge underrated draft pick. Sure has play has declined, but Ive even heard some Saints fans call him a bust. :jpshakehead:
Then I will go with Stan Brock, and Jim dombrowski.

I think your confusing underrated with maybe unappreciated... underrated means that no one expected much when they were drafted & Colston has to be the clear top choice as he was select almost dead last in the draft... he was probably the most underrated as almost no team selected him, yet now he is one of the top WR in the game.

I think your confusing underrated with maybe unappreciated... underrated means that no one expected much when they were drafted & Colston has to be the clear top choice as he was select almost dead last in the draft... he was probably the most underrated as almost no team selected him, yet now he is one of the top WR in the game.

I understand that. Colston is arguably the most under rated player "leaguewide". I was referring to only us Saints fans. Referring to players you rarely see us talk about.

Kevin houser was a 7th round pick and stuck with the saints for 9 years. Only a bad investment deal got him canned.

Pat Swilling comes to mind as 3rd Rounder from GTech, with a 7 strong NFL seasons for the Saints. Eventually amassing: 12 NFL seasons, 107.5 Sacks, 11 Fumble Recoveries, 36 FF, 6 Ints, and a bunch of QB hurries, and subsequent sacks for a career. Was obviously at his best the first 7 years with New Orleans. With the Saints during the span of '87-'92; was one of the best pass rushers in the game!

ROMAN HARPER is the biggest reason why we don't have a 2nd ring right now ...... We should easily have had the 2nd one by now ....

How is Colston underrated? What Saints fan doesn't know about Colston? What Saints fan doesn't appreciate Colston?

ROMAN HARPER is a 2 time Probowler ..... Colston is still waiting for his 1st playoff berth ....

Jim Wilks ... a 12th round steal in 1981. A solid starter for many years as a DE, NT, and DT.

People forget Ricky Jackson was like the 50th pick in the draft. His career was not phenomenal for a 50th pick. If you don't think he is underrated I'd say danny abramowicz. 17th rounder.

You almost have to say underrated league wide, not with Saints fans. We never underrate our own guys. We LOVE our guys. But league-wide... We have a huge list of underrated... Colston & Lance Moore would top that list for me.

Danny Abramowicz. 17th round draft pick who refused to get cut. Made All-Pro in 1969.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom