Mountain Lion Soils Jogger's Shorts / Cougar on the Prowl for a Young Man (1 Viewer)

Moose are dangerous, but Buffalo acre the worst because people don’t respect them. Bears people are generally smart enough to be prepared for, and bear attacks to death are rare unless Cubs are involved or they are surprised. In other words make noise. Mountain lions tend to avoid people more so, but here again if feel threatened will be a problem.
But people see moose or bison and think oh look big pretty zoo animal. Let’s go pet it. And it never ends well.
When I was in college at Montana state we would always have our death pool at the beginning of tourist season for Yellowstone. People from out of the area would always pick bears, wolves and kitties. Those who won always chose bison.

I would add Elk to the list as well. On 2 separate Yellowstone trips in 2005 and 2006 some morons who got too close to a group of Elk got trampled, I believe they lived but it never ceases to amaze me how many idiots there are out there....

Best one was when I was in college some dummy tried to put is newborn on a bison to take a picture of the baby on its head. All 3 were killed.
Or a few years ago a woman got out of her car less than 9 feet away from a fully grown male. When the shutter snapped on the camera, the bison charged, trapped her between the car and itself and flipped the car.
Stupid stupid people

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom