Move on and stop whining. Saints cost themselves the game. Who Dat Nation is better than this. (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mardiboys

Hall-of-Famer
Reaction score
I was there. I saw the whole thing go down. I booed the refs at the top of my voice, and sat crushed and stunned after the loss.

I pouted for a couple of hours, then I moved on. Only thing is, all my Saints friends can't seem to let go. I roll my eyes at the talk of meaningless boycotts of the SuperBowl. I try to tune out all the whining, but it just seems to permeate through all my Saints brethren. Shirts, billboards, and whining in every direction. I think we have a lot of sore losers, and that needs to stop.

My friends, God did not create perfect people. For whatever reason, the ref made a mistake/fraud. There are 2 very critical things we have to all understand. First, the Saints put themselves in a position where one wrong call could change the outcome. Second, we had a favorable chance to win in OT (1st & 10, on NO 40) before Mark Ingram ran backwards for 6 yards and Drew threw an interception. FACE THE FACTS: The on-field performance was the biggest factor in the Saints loss.

Imagine if the Saints won in OT. There would be hardly any whining about the referee's decision; everyone would be talking about the big game ahead. I believe that most Saints fans are COMPLAINING about the call ONLY BECAUSE THE SAINTS LOST. That seems like bad sportsmanship to me. WOULD YOU BE BOYCOTTING THE SB IF THE SAINTS HAD WON IN OT?

I drove 550 miles each way to go to the game (and did that for the Philly game too). I missed work, and my kids missed school. We put a lot of time and money into this season, and we accepted the fact that the Saints lost this game. Now, all I hear is people trying to outdo each other's whining about a call, and it's a damn embarrassment. SUCK IT UP BUTTERCUPS.

The Saints made a lot of progress last year, from the week 1 loss to the NFCCG. However, they failed to seize the opportunity while the window was open. We may only get one more year of opportunity, so we, as the WHO DAT NATION, need to focus on the prize ahead. We need to keep our coaches. We need to fix our deficiencies at TE, WR, and OLine. We need to rally this team again, because it will be even harder next year. I hoe you will join me in moving on from this, and looking forward to a exciting season ahead. Face it, it could be much worse - look at the Falcons and their pathetic fans.

I’m still mad, but looking forward to the future. This is still one of the best teams in the League.

The Saints drove down the field after controlling the entire game. SP went full agressive to win the game. The rams panicked and NRC was flagged for an obvious PI. Saints milk the clock, kick the FG, and the Rams don’t have enough time. Phenomenal win against a very good Rams team with an explosive offense that we limited to 20pts.

Unfortunately, the Saints executed PERFECTLY and the REFS decided the outcome of the game. YOU ARE WRONG. There is a reason for this uproar and transcends beyond saints fans.

I was there. I saw the whole thing go down. I booed the refs at the top of my voice, and sat crushed and stunned after the loss.

I pouted for a couple of hours, then I moved on. Only thing is, all my Saints friends can't seem to let go. I roll my eyes at the talk of meaningless boycotts of the SuperBowl. I try to tune out all the whining, but it just seems to permeate through all my Saints brethren. Shirts, billboards, and whining in every direction. I think we have a lot of sore losers, and that needs to stop.

My friends, God did not create perfect people. For whatever reason, the ref made a mistake/fraud. There are 2 very critical things we have to all understand. First, the Saints put themselves in a position where one wrong call could change the outcome. Second, we had a favorable chance to win in OT (1st & 10, on NO 40) before Mark Ingram ran backwards for 6 yards and Drew threw an interception. FACE THE FACTS: The on-field performance was the biggest factor in the Saints loss.

Imagine if the Saints won in OT. There would be hardly any whining about the referee's decision; everyone would be talking about the big game ahead. I believe that most Saints fans are COMPLAINING about the call ONLY BECAUSE THE SAINTS LOST. That seems like bad sportsmanship to me. WOULD YOU BE BOYCOTTING THE SB IF THE SAINTS HAD WON IN OT?

I drove 550 miles each way to go to the game (and did that for the Philly game too). I missed work, and my kids missed school. We put a lot of time and money into this season, and we accepted the fact that the Saints lost this game. Now, all I hear is people trying to outdo each other's whining about a call, and it's a damn embarrassment. SUCK IT UP BUTTERCUPS.

The Saints made a lot of progress last year, from the week 1 loss to the NFCCG. However, they failed to seize the opportunity while the window was open. We may only get one more year of opportunity, so we, as the WHO DAT NATION, need to focus on the prize ahead. We need to keep our coaches. We need to fix our deficiencies at TE, WR, and OLine. We need to rally this team again, because it will be even harder next year. I hoe you will join me in moving on from this, and looking forward to a exciting season ahead. Face it, it could be much worse - look at the Falcons and their pathetic fans.
Do what you want. Feel how you want to feel. But shut the **** up when it comes to telling others how to feel and what to do. If you don't like it, its just too damn bad. We'll get over it in our own time, in our own way. Notwithstanding your self-righteous diatribe. :banghead:

Oh, and as to the OT? Roughing the passer big time and PI on that interception as well. So even the OT argument fails.

Dead Falcons coming!

The Saints, for the most part, played by the rules of the game. The Rams - with the PIs, helmet-to-helmets, and facemask in OT - did not. How are you going to lay this at the feet of the Saints for not doing enough? Should they have played dirty too? Most of us aren’t angry we lost - we are angry as to why we lost and whether this means the game’s rules are written on toilet paper.

I'll like the topic. I am still not happy with how everything went down, but it's impossible to listen to the radio nowadays. The negative posts are the same thing over and over.

We would still complain about that call if we had won. All those years the NFL had put player safety being high on their list and 99 percent of those type of plays were flagged. But tell me why the excuse given , according to them, was a "BANG BANG" play. This was not some close call or judgment decision here. In fact I am not even complaining about the other plays where Brees were clearly hit in the face or Thomas and Ginn being interfered with. I can move on from those calls. But how could you or anyone else outside fan based here justify that call? Yes I will continue to voice my opinion about that ONE call.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom