Move over Nike', Converse comin' through. (1 Viewer)

Joe OKC

"Better Days"
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I wish that all the damned shoes would quit taking political stances. Cause I am getting confused on what I should wear anymore.. Where do you stand work boots?

Converse LGBTQ Shoe Ad

Converse shoe company has launched a new ad campaign to promote their LGBTQ inspired shoe line, and they've hired six models from the LGBTQ community to star in it.

5cd20b3242a73.image.jpg

Meh. Regardless of your political stance, I think this falls on the line of Michael Jordan's (alleged) quote about how republicans wear sneakers too. This seems like good advertising and not quite the same as the virtue signaling of the Nike and Gillette spots that had nothing to with their products.

More honest question.... Are 80's style clothes really coming back that hard?

i have a few pairs of the “converse x varvatos” slip-on leather low-cuts and they are the best shoes i have ever owned. 3+ years going strong.

not sure where it fits into the thread, but just sayin’

More honest question.... Are 80's style clothes really coming back that hard?

Dude; yes. Teens and young adults are out here wearing dad tennis shoes from the 80's. You know...the big, fluffy, all white fugly ones. I'm like okay, these were not cute when my dad & grandpa wore them in the late 80's/early 90's and they don't look good on you now ~30 years later. I even saw a young woman the other day wearing these horrid all white British Knight looking high tops with the two velcro straps at the top. Like seriously? I wore velcro shoes when I was 4 and still didn't know how to tie my shoes.

That being said and in relation to the OP, when I was about 7-8 I had some sweet high top converse with Alf on them. I loved those shoes.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom