[Moved] Y’all .... it’s time. (1 Viewer)

guti

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Sticky Post
It’s time to move on..... not time to stop hurting or stop b wording about the nfl and Goodell. It’s time to move on and focus the same kind of passion we dedicated THIS team to next season. Most threads on here are obsesive over something that happened and we cannot change. Y’all, it’s over.. time to move on. Not from our faith and resolve for this team but into the next year(s) and challenge(s) that arise.

Next years motto: BRING IT!

DaveXA

I love the Lord!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
The move on types are gluttons for punishment I guess. I don't understand why people would just take it when being robbed blind. Makes no sense to me, but eh, to each his own. :shrug:

DaveXA

I love the Lord!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Closing thread
Tbh, leave it open, need to show people that we have a good justification for feeling the way we do. They don't have to agree, but also need to understand most Saints fans won't let this go until the NFL makes big changes to the way it's run.

saints4eva

We are the Who Dat Nation-we will always persevere
Staff member
Super Moderator
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Tbh, leave it open, need to show people that we have a good justification for feeling the way we do. They don't have to agree, but also need to understand most Saints fans won't let this go until the NFL makes big changes to the way it's run.

Ok, thread is now re-opened per DaveXA.

bonnjer

Let the Wins Count begin!
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score

I've gotten over plenty of Saints losses before. This wasn't a loss. It was a theft. We had the ticket in our hand and we got punched in the gut and the ticket stolen. I can't get over that. Had that call been made and the Saints somehow managed to lose by their own hand, then I'm sure that I would be over it by now.

blackadder

...from a chicken, bugwit
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
It’s time to move on..... not time to stop hurting or stop b wording about the nfl and Goodell. It’s time to move on and focus the same kind of passion we dedicated THIS team to next season. Most threads on here are obsesive over something that happened and we cannot change. Y’all, it’s over.. time to move on. Not from our faith and resolve for this team but into the next year(s) and challenge(s) that arise.

Bring what?

The next opportunity to get jobbed?

The next game where the opponent is "allowed to play" and the rules get enforced differently for the Saints??

Swimmer

Medsamust Saint Fan
VIP Subscribing Member
Platinum VIP Contributor
Reaction score

I respect your effort, but you can't rush healing, and this deeply scarred a bunch of us Who Dats. It's kinda like your best friend gets run over by a drunk and people try to tell you yo get over it. That's now how it works. This will take time.

FGE413

Reaction score
People grieve on different timetables. You are free to not read the threads on the subject in this forum if it's bothering you.

Reaction score
People who publicly are pushing for us to move on do it for only one reason.

They know in their hearts their is a serious problem with the NFL but they want to hang on to the illusion/delusion.

I certainly wish i could rewind time back two weeks to the incredible excitement of traveling to New Orleans with my family for the NFC championship game, hugging my section usher, going to my concourse bar where the bartender knows me by sight and I don't even have to order.

To not have my memories of the past five decades spoiled by the realization that it may have all been fake on some level.

To not know that Drew Brees will probably retire with only one Superbowl and no matter what he will ALWAYS have one less than he should have.

I never have cared about the draft, fantasy football, gambling or any of the other side attractions of the NFL. The Saints and the games on Sunday are all that really matter. Before the 24 hour news cycle and the internet that was all football was about.

Now it seems like the games are almost secondary and, thus, the integrity of the game is somewhat malleable.

This is the end result of that and I don't think I can stomach it anymore.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Headlines

Saints Headlines (Official Site)

Top Bottom