[Moved] Y’all .... it’s time. (1 Viewer)

guti

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Sticky Post
It’s time to move on..... not time to stop hurting or stop b wording about the nfl and Goodell. It’s time to move on and focus the same kind of passion we dedicated THIS team to next season. Most threads on here are obsesive over something that happened and we cannot change. Y’all, it’s over.. time to move on. Not from our faith and resolve for this team but into the next year(s) and challenge(s) that arise.

Next years motto: BRING IT!

Humperdoo

New Orleans Saints 2018 NFC Champs.
VIP Subscribing Member
Reaction score
People who publicly are pushing for us to move on do it for only one reason.

They know in their hearts their is a serious problem with the NFL but they want to hang on to the illusion/delusion.

I certainly wish i could rewind time back two weeks to the incredible excitement of traveling to New Orleans with my family for the NFC championship game, hugging my section usher, going to my concourse bar where the bartender knows me by sight and I don't even have to order.

To not have my memories of the past five decades spoiled by the realization that it may have all been fake on some level.

To not know that Drew Brees will probably retire with only one Superbowl and no matter what he will ALWAYS have one less than he should have.

I never have cared about the draft, fantasy football, gambling or any of the other side attractions of the NFL. The Saints and the games on Sunday are all that really matter. Before the 24 hour news cycle and the internet that was all football was about.

Now it seems like the games are almost secondary and, thus, the integrity of the game is somewhat malleable.

This is the end result of that and I don't think I can stomach it anymore.

Well written.

Yatman

threadkiller
Reaction score
..... yesterday I stepped in a hole (past), Today I filled the hole with dirt (present) tomorrow I won’t step in the hole (future). I changed the future.
Except, what is the "dirt" in your metaphor?

Is it the filthy way the officials stole the game from us? Or the grime that passes for most sports apologetics?

Maybe it's the way Rog has soiled the legacies of the Saints and their fans? What is the imagined dirt?

Your analog's correct in that our future has changed. For worse.

4EveraSaint

The Saints Are Here!
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
It’s time to move on..... not time to stop hurting or stop b wording about the nfl and Goodell. It’s time to move on and focus the same kind of passion we dedicated THIS team to next season. Most threads on here are obsesive over something that happened and we cannot change. Y’all, it’s over.. time to move on. Not from our faith and resolve for this team but into the next year(s) and challenge(s) that arise.

Next years motto: BRING IT!
When you feel like the nfl can and does end a team’s season when they want to, “next year” just doesn’t cut it anymore.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
UncleTrvlingJim Political Discussion Board 81