MoviePass ($10 a month for in-theater movies) (1 Viewer)

Humperdoo

Who Dat.
VIP Subscribing Member
Reaction score
Nope. Confirmed purse stuffer here. And they can threaten to search my purse or throw me out, I'm STILL not buying concessions (yes, I can sit at a movie and not eat or drink) and I don't go to that many movies anyway. I know they make their money that way -- and my husband will buy concessions when he goes -- but pay 6 bucks for a box of candy I can get at Dollar Tree (which is probably where they got it, too)? Nope.

(and, yeah, I like the Sunday mornings, too. It's so EMPTY!)

Dollar Tree is exactly where we go lol. We have it down to a science. And we love the empty theaters. We went recently to a Denzel movie (my favorite actor) and it was packed!!
We almost had panic attacks ?.

Madmarsha

I default to sarcasm
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Dollar Tree is exactly where we go lol. We have it down to a science. And we love the empty theaters. We went recently to a Denzel movie (my favorite actor) and it was packed!!
We almost had panic attacks ?.
Panic attacks? lol No, I don't get those. But invariably, even in a mostly empty theater, I still get that person that sits in front of me. So I move one over and throw my stinky feet over the seat right next to them. Ba-bam! (just kidding. I don't have stinky feet)

Oh. TOPIC. Someone I met tried to talk me into Movie Pass. She made it sound good and it worked for her. I looked into it but I just don't go to that many movies in a year, so I would actually be spending MORE money that way. And I've already addressed how many concessions I buy.

Humperdoo

Who Dat.
VIP Subscribing Member
Reaction score
Panic attacks? lol No, I don't get those. But invariably, even in a mostly empty theater, I still get that person that sits in front of me. So I move one over and throw my stinky feet over the seat right next to them. Ba-bam! (just kidding. I don't have stinky feet)

We don’t get panic attacks either. I was embellishing a little. I do however have OCD and have to sit in the same spot at a movie. Very back middle. So no one can be behind me. ? Maybe Wild Bill was one of my ancestors?
And lol to the stinky feet. We all are capable of that, just depends on our hygiene I’d say. My wife makes fun of me as I’m a 3 shower and a bath a day guy. Drove me crazy while in basic training in the Army I couldn’t shower at times.....broke out into hives and such. If I can’t shower I’m not leaving the house. But I digress.....?

Humperdoo

Who Dat.
VIP Subscribing Member
Reaction score

Oh. TOPIC. Someone I met tried to talk me into Movie Pass. She made it sound good and it worked for her. I looked into it but I just don't go to that many movies in a year, so I would actually be spending MORE money that way. And I've already addressed how many concessions I buy.

You made the right choice. They (moviepass) are about to be delisted and defunct.

Humperdoo

Who Dat.
VIP Subscribing Member
Reaction score

Brock Meaux

I'm Batman
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I cancelled my subscription last night. We had a great run, but man did they crap the bed at the end.

bclemms

More than 15K posts served!
Reaction score
Different conversation, but if you believe that travel services have figured out how to do things better, I beg to differ. As someone who owns a business and sees how third party travel sites work day in and day out, they are awful. Great for searching for options, but people should always book directly with the hotel/airline/etc.

Movie Pass is intriguing to me as I love movies, but validating the money it costs now to go to the theater is hard to do unless I know its a sure bet.
Airlines? Yep, I agree.
Rental Car? Use both priceline qnd book direct a lot.
Hotels? Priceline destroys booking direct.

I travel a good bit as well. Been to 47 states in 2018 alone.

Regardless, those booking sites have changed the hotel industry for the better.

Reaction score
Airlines? Yep, I agree.
Rental Car? Use both priceline qnd book direct a lot.
Hotels? Priceline destroys booking direct.

I travel a good bit as well. Been to 47 states in 2018 alone.

Regardless, those booking sites have changed the hotel industry for the better.
I've heard that using 3rd party for booking can result in you being left out if there is an overbooking. Is that the only drawback?

Not usually a problem for me because I like to get there early most times so some other sucka gonna be roofless for an evenin.

Humperdoo

Who Dat.
VIP Subscribing Member
Reaction score
I've heard that using 3rd party for booking can result in you being left out if there is an overbooking. Is that the only drawback?

Not usually a problem for me because I like to get there early most times so some other sucka gonna be roofless for an evenin.

I’ve never had a problem with third party overbooking. So it’s been all good in my experience on that front.

Reaction score
I’ve never had a problem with third party overbooking. So it’s been all good in my experience on that front.
I recall them saying that the Dr that was removed from the flight a while back used a 3rd party. The airline used that as a determining factor when they couldn't get any takers for the free flight vouchers. Not saying it happens a lot, but it seems to be a possibility. I don't have a problem with that, but feel like people should understand that going in so that they aren't outraged later.

Humperdoo

Who Dat.
VIP Subscribing Member
Reaction score
I recall them saying that the Dr that was removed from the flight a while back used a 3rd party. The airline used that as a determining factor when they couldn't get any takers for the free flight vouchers. Not saying it happens a lot, but it seems to be a possibility. I don't have a problem with that, but feel like people should understand that going in so that they aren't outraged later.

I wasn’t aware of that. Good point perhaps I’ve just been lucky?

Reaction score
I wasn’t aware of that. Good point perhaps I’ve just been lucky?
Hotels are a bit different in that once you check in you're good afaik. So if you aren't doing a later arrival, it's easy to be lucky. Flights, not so much. I'd guess it has more to do with the demand for the route you need.

bclemms

More than 15K posts served!
Reaction score

Nope, Ive had a hotel get overbooked twice out of hundreds with priceline, both times they found me a better room and refunded me.

Ive had hotels give my room away after booking direct with nothing but a sorry.

Airlines have caught up to Priceline and offer the same prices direct with the perks. Hotels are still 25-50% less with priceline.

OP
superchuck500

superchuck500

tiny changes
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Diamond VIP Contributor
Reaction score

Hotels too - if they’re overbooked or have some other issue, there’s a priority list and third-party bookings have lower priority (get bumped quicker) than direct bookings. But I think you can offset that by being in their membership club, that will at least give you priority over non-members who have also third-party booked.

I travel quite a bit and never use third-party booking for air, car, or hotels. But either way, I always join the membership club even if it’s my first time with that particular vendor.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

New Orleans Saints Twitter Feed

Headlines

Top Bottom