Movies from when we were kids (2 Viewers)

Dago

Veteran
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Everyone remembers Neverending Story, but I am looking for favorites that I either didn't see or have forgotten about

This got brought on because I saw that Explorers with Ethan Hawke and River Phoenix is on Prime Video and I am watching it right now

I wasn't a kid when most of you were kids. But first thing that popped in my head was The Incredible Mr. Limpet. I mean, I'm not quite old enough to have seen it first run and I don't remember where I saw it, but I often thought back and wondered, Did I really see that or did I dream it?, because it's not overly popular. There was talk years ago of a remake with Jim Carey but never happened. I think it would have been interesting.

My other favs are old Walt Disney Productions live actions of the '60s that I never hear anyone talking about: The Ugly Dachshund, The Horse in the Gray Flannel Suit, The Love Bug, The Absent Minded Professor, The Computer Wore Tennis Shoes, The Shaggy Dog

Though i‘m not into religion anymore, when i was a kid i greatly enjoyed ‘Oh God! Book 2’.. again, HBO played it in an endless loop, and i had a crush on the little girl who played Tracy.

I also very much enjoyed Six Pack with Kenny Rogers as race car driver Brewster Baker, and Diane Lane.. Love WIll Turn You Around, indeed

Though i‘m not into religion anymore, when i was a kid i greatly enjoyed ‘Oh God! Book 2’.. again, HBO played it in an endless loop, and i had a crush on the little girl who played Tracy.

I also very much enjoyed Six Pack with Kenny Rogers as race car driver Brewster Baker, and Diane Lane.. Love WIll Turn You Around, indeed
Six Pack, yep! Iirc, it was on Showtime a lot, so I ended up watching it several times. I haven't seen it in 35 years or so tho. I'm curious as to how it would look watching now.

I wasn't a kid when most of you were kids. But first thing that popped in my head was The Incredible Mr. Limpet. I mean, I'm not quite old enough to have seen it first run and I don't remember where I saw it, but I often thought back and wondered, Did I really see that or did I dream it?, because it's not overly popular. There was talk years ago of a remake with Jim Carey but never happened. I think it would have been interesting.

My other favs are old Walt Disney Productions live actions of the '60s that I never hear anyone talking about: The Ugly Dachshund, The Horse in the Gray Flannel Suit, The Love Bug, The Absent Minded Professor, The Computer Wore Tennis Shoes, The Shaggy Dog
Gus the Kicking Mule
There was another Kurt Russel one, Worlds greatest athlete or something like that
Saw most of those at the Robt E Lee theatre in Lakeview

but you’re first paragraph reminded me that I must have seen ‘What’s Up Doc’ manymany times- always at my grandparents place outside of Memphis, not sure why it was always on there and seldom in NO but that was the way of TV back then

Six Pack, yep! Iirc, it was on Showtime a lot, so I ended up watching it several times. I haven't seen it in 35 years or so tho. I'm curious as to how it would look watching now.

I‘ve actually seen it a handful of times over the last 10 years or so, or at least sections of it.. Let’s just say that, as an actor, ’ol Kenny……. was a helluva good singer.

The Last Starfighter
The Goonies
Ghostbusters

Most have probably seen these though.

Smokey and the Bandit was another one I loved back in the day.
Been a long minute since I have seen The Last Starfighter

The other two are on cable TV pretty much daily lol

Dad, Mom, Sis and I went to the movie theater with nothing in particular in mind to see. Reflecting now, I’ve no idea how Mom convinced Dad to go, he was NOT a movie goer…

Anyways, I see this cool looking promo poster and that was it, I wanted us to see Swampthing (or something like that)… somehow it came up that Sis might get too scared with the monsters, mind you I was about 7yrs old and she was about 5 at the time. Anyways, Sis liked horses and thought the new horse movie would be good to see. I do recall Mom and Dad having some sort of discussion but it was soon finalized and we went on to watch the horse movie…. Honestly, I don’t remember watching it though I do remember Mom and Dad being a little uncomfortable at times during the show… I can’t imagine what their conversation was like when we were back home.. that little horse movie was Blazing Saddles.. hahaha.

Dad, Mom, Sis and I went to the movie theater with nothing in particular in mind to see. Reflecting now, I’ve no idea how Mom convinced Dad to go, he was NOT a movie goer…

Anyways, I see this cool looking promo poster and that was it, I wanted us to see Swampthing (or something like that)… somehow it came up that Sis might get too scared with the monsters, mind you I was about 7yrs old and she was about 5 at the time. Anyways, Sis liked horses and thought the new horse movie would be good to see. I do recall Mom and Dad having some sort of discussion but it was soon finalized and we went on to watch the horse movie…. Honestly, I don’t remember watching it though I do remember Mom and Dad being a little uncomfortable at times during the show… I can’t imagine what their conversation was like when we were back home.. that little horse movie was Blazing Saddles.. hahaha.
Not quite like that but somewhat related, I begged dad to take me to see The Jerk - he didn’t say anything at the time but later he would talk about much he dreaded taking me to see it - he’d only seen bits and pieces of Steve Martin and was NOT a fan
But he did take me and of course was howling with laughter throughout

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom