movies that you finally watched and they didn't live up to the hype or expecations. (1 Viewer)

Planes Trains and Automobiles.

Have a couple of good friends who love that movie, after years of them referencing it, i finally watched it, and i was... underwhelmed.. I think a lot of it is that when you watch a movie 20 or 30 years after it’s released, it just loses something.. i mean, just imagine watching Back to the Future today for the first time- the music, the skateboarding, the fact that I’m not a teenager like Marty anymore but a middle aged person- all that would combine to make it just ok.. i love it, but partly why is becuase it takes me back to the first time i saw it (twice) in an actual theater in New Orleans East... There are a few movies that hold up well over the decades, where a viewer might be impacted as much as someone who sees it upon first release- but those are very, very rare.
Wow....next you're going to tell me you don't like uncle buck either? John Candy is one of my all time favorites.

That terrible motley Crue movie is at the top of my list right now. Terrible movie that gets way too much hype.

Too many throughout history to name, but recently I was underwhelmed with Once Upon A Time in Hollywood. I liked QT's earlier films, but find myself underwhelmed with his later ones.

Planes Trains and Automobiles.

Have a couple of good friends who love that movie, after years of them referencing it, i finally watched it, and i was... underwhelmed.. I think a lot of it is that when you watch a movie 20 or 30 years after it’s released, it just loses something.. i mean, just imagine watching Back to the Future today for the first time- the music, the skateboarding, the fact that I’m not a teenager like Marty anymore but a middle aged person- all that would combine to make it just ok.. i love it, but partly why is becuase it takes me back to the first time i saw it (twice) in an actual theater in New Orleans East... There are a few movies that hold up well over the decades, where a viewer might be impacted as much as someone who sees it upon first release- but those are very, very rare.

Boo. I still quote this with my friends: "She's short and skinny, but she's strong. She once had a baby, came out sideways. She didn't scream or nothin' ".

"Those aren't pillows!"

""You're going the wrong way!" "How do they know where we're going?"

That terrible motley Crue movie is at the top of my list right now. Terrible movie that gets way too much hype.

I might check it out just because they were filming it all over Lakeview for a few months when i lived there, and it might be kinda fun to see the exact locations they used.. but ive heard extremely mixed (aka really bad) reviews about the movie itself.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom