Moving forward Loomis not involved with Pelicans (1 Viewer)

Can't find an article on this anywhere, nor who will replace him as GM. If this is true I'm glad for it. I always thought that it was putting too much on Loomis' plate to try to manage two pro franchises. I hope that they can get someone up to the task as a replacement that can get the Pels headed in the right direction. Losing Chris Paul and then probably Anthony Davis, who were both faces of the franchise is brutal.

Can't find an article on this anywhere, nor who will replace him as GM. If this is true I'm glad for it. I always thought that it was putting too much on Loomis' plate to try to manage two pro franchises. I hope that they can get someone up to the task as a replacement that can get the Pels headed in the right direction. Losing Chris Paul and then probably Anthony Davis, who were both faces of the franchise is brutal.
Neither the Bensons nor Loomis were involved with the Hornets when Chris Paul left. But it is definitely brutal for a franchise to lose two generational talents within an eight year period.

I just read this on Twitter.

I think this is good for both parties. It's hard enough to run one proffesional sport organization, much less 2.

This will benefit the Saints and the Pelicans

This makes loads of sense. Either Saints or Pels would keep any GM way busy. Doing both is insane.

Neither the Bensons nor Loomis were involved with the Hornets when Chris Paul left. But it is definitely brutal for a franchise to lose two generational talents within an eight year period.
I know & I wasn't meaning to sound like I was blaming them. Simply that, just when the franchise seems to have someone to build around they just can't get over the hump and those guys eventually get frustrated and want out.

I wonder what impact this could have on Ireland. I know some of us were hoping Loomis would step into a "President" role of both organizations and have Ireland GM the Saints while someone else took over the Pels. Let Loomis count the beans while operations people evaluated the players.

I wonder what impact this could have on Ireland. I know some of us were hoping Loomis would step into a "President" role of both organizations and have Ireland GM the Saints while someone else took over the Pels. Let Loomis count the beans while operations people evaluated the players.

This is my line of thinking as well. I would much prefer Ireland in a GM role over Loomis. The talent influx we have had since Ireland took over vaulted us to 2 straight winning seasons, a division title, and 2 ridiculous plays away from titles.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom