Moving on: New York Giants game and the Spags D (1 Viewer)

Domefan504

SR is my life!
Reaction score
This weekend we got the Giants and the Spags D and I do believe it is winnable. Even though they won vs Dallas they struggled vs the Dallas JV team. So where do we need to improve the most and how do we prepare for NYG in your view?

Gonna be a repeat of last season. Game full of highlights for both sides. Beckham and Cruz Vs PJ Williams and Crawley :covri:

But as far as improvements, it's the same old song and dance. Clean up the penalties, get pressure, and capitalize on potential turnovers. Yesterday early in the game, PJ Williams was hit right in the back of his hand by a pass and he didn't know it. Had he been watching..... Also we got to Carr a few times with blitzes and he Houdini'd his way out of it every single time.

Going to have to play ball control. Time of possession will determine the winner in this game. Make them work for every point. Nothing easy.

Going to have to play ball control. Time of possession will determine the winner in this game. Make them work for every point. Nothing easy.
That's what the Saints should've did yesterday...I don't see things changing going forward.

The Breaux situation is definitely a concern but I don't see a reason why we can't beat the Giants next week who would've lost to an average looking Cowboys team had it not been for Dallas' own poor timeout/clock management coupled with their inability to stop the up the middle runs late.

We need more from our pass rush but I also don't think the Giants o-line is on par with the raiders nor is Eli as mobile as Carr. It sucks to say because these guys are obviously getting paid millions to not get frustrated or give up but when you're "almost there" many times during a game and the quarterback finds a way out of it people get down on themselves. It's part of being human, and some early pressures resulting in 3 and outs do to hurries, an eli special INT, or a sack could do wonders for our front 4's confidence level. Against the run, barring that 75 yard play we looked pretty stout so I don't have too many concerns there other than Jennings being a big guy who likes to run at you rather than around you but at that point it's about manning up and playing your gaps more than anything for the both the d-line and the backers.

Their receivers against our secondary is scary but hopefully our gameplanning can help mitigate some of that concern with how we line up and what coverages we play. For me even with Breaux out Williams looked fine for the most part, Crawley on the other hand looked like a deer in the headlights but maybe some of that was first game jitters and the pressure of the situation. We'll find out more about him next week unless we bring someone in.

On offense if we give Drew time, which after this game I'm pretty confident about, we'll be fine. The only real qualm I have with this past week is that I feel like we could've run Ingram a bit more given that for the most part he seemed to get the yards we needed every time we handed him the football, that being said maybe his durability plays into that as well as the fact that we were pretty much passing at will against Oakland. Conventional wisdom says if you run you eat more clock but obviously short to intermediate passes that don't result in the receiver going out of bounds do the same thing.

Then there's the obvious factors like, turn the ball over less than they do, don't commit silly penalties (which barring the last drive we didn't this week, and as we all know one of those was a very questionable call whilst the other was about as much of a technicality as you can have), and manage the timeout/clock situation correctly. It can be argued that our last timeout was used because of the officials being confused on the snead-thomas fumble recovery play but that also shouldn't have been our last TO to begin with.

We're gonna get wiped by the Giants. I don't even know that we have enough bodies to throw at their receivers let alone cover them for 7 seconds a clip while out front gets no pressure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's going to be a shootout. We have to hope that Brees has a good game again because he has to be flawless for us to even have a chance to win. If Brees plays like the past Sunday, then I expect the team that has the last chance to score wins the game. If Brees plays average, then we lose by at least 10.

There are several things I could say we need to improve on and do differently, but none of it is realistic. Stuff like sacking the QB and forcing turnovers. We need to do those things, but that's just like me saying "well, the defense needs to stop the other team from scoring, and the offense needs to score more touchdowns."

Well that's the trick, isn't it?

Honestly, how do we win this one? Our offense just goes out there and does what it usually does, which is play well and score a lot, and hopefully that's good enough. We can't depend on the defense. They make every offense we face look amazing. Week one they just picked up where they left off the last two years. So let's root for 15 more shootouts this year and hope we can break .500. At least watching Drew and his WRs is fun.

We're gonna get wiped by the Giants. I don't even know that we have enough bodies to throw at their receivers let alone cover them for 7 seconds a clip while out front gets no pressure.

Are you one of the same ones saying we would get whooped by the Raiders?? And we only lost by 1 point. JS

You would think it would be a high scoring repeat of last time....

That's why I'll say

17-16 Saints.

That's my final score prediction, not 1st quarter.

Are you one of the same ones saying we would get whooped by the Raiders?? And we only lost by 1 point. JS

Nope. I was optimistic about week 1 at home because of inexperience on the raiders now we're going against a team loaded with great veterans that are much more dangerous than they were last season when they piled the points on us. Our defense is already depleted and now we're on the road with less confidence against a team that just got a division win. I'd say it's probably pretty rational to not be optimistic about this one. I wouldn't mind being wrong

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom