Moving to Denver (1 Viewer)

I understand your main concern is your son's school, but where are you and/or your wife going to be working?

I'm 100% telecommuter :D I just need to be a reasonable drive from the airport.

I'm 100% telecommuter :D I just need to be a reasonable drive from the airport.

Here's the link to the agent we used. She has a great personality, andwas really patient with us and didn't try to pressure us at all. Like I said, I don't really think she'd be the right fit for you given the areas you're focusing on, but maybe I'm wrong. Or, and I just thought of this, she might be able to recommend someone else better for your needs. All you can do is contact her and see. Good luck.

Debbie Niedergerke - Greenwood Village Colorado Real Estate Broker

Yea, Erie is at the top of the list but I'm looking closely around the part of Broomfield that is in the Boulder school district. There is an elementary school there that has one of the better autism programs in the state. However the homes in that school zone start at $600K or more. My understanding however is that it shouldn't be a problem once our son has an IEP (education plan). He'll then be assigned to a school with an autism program, even if he isn't in that school's zone.

We're going to fly back to Denver, later this month, to check out two more Autism centers in the south Denver area. That would give us an option of putting our son in a school in Douglas, Littleton, or Cherry Creek districts.

Schooling and therapy are pretty much our main drivers at this point. I can live anywhere that is an hour from the airport.

Can't speak for the other areas, but Littleton has great schools (the teachers even talk about how lucky they are to be there), and it's just under an hour from the airport (45 minutes for me).

you should open up one of those pack and ship places. you could specialize in shipping, hmm.. let me think.. oh, i don't know, maybe plants? ahh yes!! that is it!! the green 7 leafed ones are generally the more profitable. you could offer special discounts for those in louisiana....

Can't speak for the other areas, but Littleton has great schools (the teachers even talk about how lucky they are to be there), and it's just under an hour from the airport (45 minutes for me).
When I was there in July we left red rocks at 430pm to go to hotel (by airport where all those hotels are) went south then thru Aurora because my sister said avoid 70 (or is it75?).

The traffic was insane!

We had to be back at 7 and we got to hotel at 610. I was going nuts...idk how yall deal with that.

But as far as scenery/country ....it's absolutely phenomenal. Esp for "outdoorsy" types.

And isn't there a commuter train to airport ? I thought I saw that going thru Aurora.

Edit: it was a Friday afternoon too so I'm sure that played a part
Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

There is no reasonable drive to the airport unless you're in South Denver or Aurora. It's halfway to Kansas. :ezbill:

More time in my Porsche ;) .. that toll road was nearly empty the four or five times I've been on it.

When I was there in July we left red rocks at 430pm to go to hotel (by airport where all those hotels are) went south then thru Aurora because my sister said avoid 70 (or is it75?).

The traffic was insane!

We had to be back at 7 and we got to hotel at 610. I was going nuts...idk how yall deal with that.

But as far as scenery/country ....it's absolutely phenomenal. Esp for "outdoorsy" types.

And isn't there a commuter train to airport ? I thought I saw that going thru Aurora.

I live in DFW. Denver traffic is awesome compared to I-35E.

I live in DFW. Denver traffic is awesome compared to I-35E.
Oh yeah lol

I guess you assimilate ...but I don't think I could.

I spend 15 min extra on Hwy 22 here and I'm ready to sell my home just to move to other side of Tchefuncte bridge lolol

It's a really nice place Rick I'm sure you and your family will like it here. Politics aside it's a very diverse place and you won't have any trouble finding people that you fit in with.

I am moving out of Denver and just a couple of weeks and I'm really going to miss it.

That's high dollar country out there.... Good Luck...

You're not kiddin' brother. But you don't live in DFW or work at The Ticket anymore, so I have no reason left to stay :)

Seriously, Miyako still asks me about you every once in a while.. :)

The traffic was insane!

Yeah, that's a pretty good sized hike across town regardless of time of day, but you probably should have just headed north to 70 and cut across to the airport. You'd have hit traffic, but at that time of day it's unavoidable. Instead it sounds like you went about twice as far by going south and then coming back up 225, which usually sucks at rush hour. If you'd have taken the toll road instead of 225, though, you'd have been fine (that might have been what your sister was thinking).

Overall I don't think the traffic is bad for the size of the city (especially compared to my experiences in Baton Rouge and NOLA), but there are a few rush hour problem areas, and all the people moving here the last few years has made a noticeable difference, particularly on weekends. But we do have a great bus and light rail system, including airport shuttles around the metro area as well as a train to the airport from downtown. I take the train downtown to work daily, and we'll usually take the train if we're going to Rockies or Broncos games.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom