Moving to Denver (2 Viewers)

Rickboy

Nom Nom Nom Nom.. me hungry for a SuperBowl
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Platinum VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Well, it's officially official. Miyako and I are moving to Denver this spring. On the plus side we have mountains, better education opportunities for Carpenter, lots of great outdoor activities (I'm looking forward to fly fishing), more liberals to make fun of, etc., etc.

On the downside, a decent house starts at $400K, more liberals to make fun of, it's not Texas, it's a lot farther from Louisiana. I'm not gonna lie, I love Texas and I still miss Louisiana. I realized that I've now spent most of my life in Texas. I've been here two more years than Louisiana, where I grew up.

The good news for me is that the Denton real estate market is much hotter than it was when I bought my house. I put it on Zillow and I've got two people prepared to make cash offers. I'm looking into getting a real estate attorney to handle the transaction. I'm still debating one whether or not to use a realtor for selling.

So that said, does anyone by chance have any realtor recommendations in the Denver area? I have zero contacts out there. I need one that really knows the school systems out there.

Well, it's officially official. Miyako and I are moving to Denver this spring. On the plus side we have mountains, better education opportunities for Carpenter, lots of great outdoor activities (I'm looking forward to fly fishing), more liberals to make fun of, etc., etc.

On the downside, a decent house starts at $400K, more liberals to make fun of, it's not Texas, it's a lot farther from Louisiana. I'm not gonna lie, I love Texas and I still miss Louisiana. I realized that I've now spent most of my life in Texas. I've been here two more years than Louisiana, where I grew up.

The good news for me is that the Denton real estate market is much hotter than it was when I bought my house. I put it on Zillow and I've got two people prepared to make cash offers. I'm looking into getting a real estate attorney to handle the transaction. I'm still debating one whether or not to use a realtor for selling.

So that said, does anyone by chance have any realtor recommendations in the Denver area? I have zero contacts out there. I need one that really knows the school systems out there.

sorry the only ones i know are liberal and always high.

:mwink:

Having lived out west, I have a few. Mostly liberal though. The couple conservative ones I know, are only out to make a profit off ya.

Y'all are relentless.

I have a good friend in Denver, I can ask if he knows any agents.

My son lives just south of Denver. Only negative thing would be the winters.

Beautiful country out there. The southern burbs are a little more conservative. Great lite rail system if you want to live outside of Denver.

Best of luck to you and your family.

Are you moving to Denver, as in the City of Denver, or one of the surrounding cities?

Are you moving to Denver, as in the City of Denver, or one of the surrounding cities?

Most likely around Broomfield or Erie.

Most likely around Broomfield or Erie.

That's pretty far out from the city. (Less liberals though, that's a plus for you, right?) We love our agent, but that's not her area. Good luck finding an agent. You may want to try interviewing a few in advance, if you can, before deciding on who to go with.

I feel sorry for Denver. On the upside though, that's one less alt-right conservative in Texas! One down, a ****load more to go.

Well there's always a first time for someone on SR to insinuate I'm racist.

Rick, I think you'll have better luck outside the Denver city limits with schools - less corporate-sponsored disruption.

To help get you up to speed:

Denver: When Schools Eat Schools

Why Denver's New Education Reform Model Should be a Warning Sign

Jeanne Kaplan: A Whole New Meaning to Flexibility and High Standards

I'll keep an eye out for any programs well-suited for your son. There are advocacy groups who may recommend one district or school over another, and hopefully you'll get the local scoop. :D

Also, what's your dog count now? :hihi: Have the camera ready the first time they see real snow.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom