Moving to the DC Area (1 Viewer)

I know we have a few members who live in the DC area. I’m moving to Falls Church at the end of April. Wondering who all my fellow Saints fans are in the area?

This Saint fan moved to the DC area after graduating from UNO, been here since March 1989. The last 24 years spent in Potomac MD(same house)....have only lived in MD but have a lot of friends that live in VA.

MD taxes are very, very high but the public schools in this area are among the best in the country, so if you have kids it is a good place to raise them. Plenty of parks also and hiking trails everywhere, it is a really pleasant place but expensive.

Falls Church has some nice areas and really good schools, and VA taxes are not quite as bad as MD's. But you will be paying more than you did in BR. I think it also annually ranks as one of the healthiest communities in the US....the only drawback is if you have to drive to work to DC or MD, the traffic on the beltway is a nightmare.

If you have an specific questions about the area then let me know, if I don't know the answer I probably have a friend that does....

Cheers mate and welcome to the neighborhood!!!!!!

Thanks for the info. Luckily I'll be able to work remotely so traffic shouldn't be a big issue.

Yeah the hiking is really nice. I've visited several times and done a good bit of hiking in the Great Falls area.

Taxes shouldn't be too bad as I'll be splitting them in VA whereas in BR I was the only one paying them.

Any good places to watch Saints/LSU games?

Last edited:
Thanks for the info. Luckily I'll be able to work remotely so traffic shouldn't be a big issue.

Yeah this hiking is really nice. I've visited several times and done a good bit of hiking in the Great Falls area.

Taxes shouldn't be too bad as I'll be splitting them in VA whereas in BR I was the only one paying them.

Any good places to watch Saints/LSU games?

Yeah, the work from home thing is great. The last 5 years (before I retired) I was working from home pretty much whenever I wanted, usually 2-3 times a week.

Great Falls is awesome, the trails on the MD side are great (Billy Goat trail), hiked them many times, but I have a friend who is an avid outdoorsman and he said the VA side is even better....you will also want to visit the Shenandoah area and skyline drive, the Appalachian trail goes through there and there are plenty of other trails that border streams, incredible place about an hour or so away from you....

I know some places around here that are good for watching Saints games but we stopped going out to watch them a few years ago, sorry, don't know any places in Falls Church but I'm sure there are some good sports bars.....

I know we have a few members who live in the DC area. I’m moving to Falls Church at the end of April. Wondering who all my fellow Saints fans are in the area?

I'm close to Falls Church (Vienna) on the west side near 495 and 66. Falls Church is a pretty large area. I've visited Great Falls several times and yeah, plenty of outdoors activities are available here. And there are several civil war battlefields you can visit and tour. So much to see and do here.

There's a Glory Days sports bar on the corner of Nutley and Lee Highway in the Pan Am shopping center. Right off of 66. I've been there a few times and it's decent enough. You can request a game if it's not on when you go in and they're good about setting you up. The food isn't bad and there's usually a special. They do a different one each day. I haven't been there in a 18 months, so I'm not sure how they're setting up with Covid still going on.

In Crystal City, closer to DC on the Virginia side of the Potomac, there is a really good sports bar called Crystal City Sports Pub. I haven't been there in several years, but it's pretty great for watching games. It can get really crowded though.

Good luck with the move!

I went to college in DC and it was amazing. I have nothing to add, but that sounds awesome! And don’t go to the Capitol without a ticket...

What part of Falls Church? I live pretty close to the West Falls Church metro in the McLean school district (Falls Church address but Fairfax County schools).

We go hiking and camping all over the area -- there are some fantastic trails in the area.

What part of Falls Church? I live pretty close to the West Falls Church metro in the McLean school district (Falls Church address but Fairfax County schools).

We go hiking and camping all over the area -- there are some fantastic trails in the area.

What? We're practically neighbors. I never realized you were that close. We gotta meet up for a game next season. :cheer:

Right by 495 and 66. Close to Jefferson District Park.

I used to work in Falls Church in the Seven Corners area

My personal nightmare:

Friday at 5pm, in the winter so it's dark, pouring rain and the traffic lights are out

If you like tacos, Taco Bamba is one of my favorite places - in the plaza behind Whole Foods

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom