Mr Clutch (1 Viewer)

Marlboro Man

Super Forum Fanatic
Reaction score
If Drew keeps this up, he will take over Archie Manning's status in Louisiana as the best QB in Saints history.

CoolBrees

Veteran Starter
Reaction score
Anyone who was around the Purdue football team when Drew was there will tell you how clutch the guy is. That, with his dimeanor, class, and heart are the reasons why you have a group that follow this guy from team to team (hopefully we're done moving :)) The whole student section used to paint birthmarks on our faces, and we knew as long as #15 was there we had a chance, no matter who we were playing. The road in front of Ross-Aide has been renamed Brees Way.

he took Purdue to a Rose Bowl. Purdue and Rose Bowl have gone together exactly twice in our history. The other was a guy named Greise.

When you have a Brees, you have a shot.

boutte

Super Forum Fanatic
Reaction score
I'll say it again, I wouldn't take any other QB in the league right now.
Except , maybe, Peyton Manning.

kfran

TwoDat! Let's Do It Again
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Check this out, nice lil breakdown of the quaterbacks in certain game situations. You will never believe who is #1 overall....or will you?

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/6172160

It doesn't surprise me at all that Drew is there. It really doesn't, and that's not a biased statement.

If he were doing what he's done for us, and he was still in SD, I'd say the same thing. The guy has simply been CONSISTENT, even in losses.

Paul

Professional
Reaction score
It doesn't surprise me at all that Drew is there. It really doesn't, and that's not a biased statement.

If he were doing what he's done for us, and he was still in SD, I'd say the same thing. The guy has simply been CONSISTENT, even in losses.
Much agreed. In addition, he gets upset when the team loses. He reportedly practices harder, he looks at film/pictures on the sideline while the defense is on the field, he handles the media well, the players respect him, and the HC has all the confidence in the world in him. I mean, as a fan, dude made me comfortable from the get-go, and the guy is only getting better. Better - scary thought. :hihi:

billinms

Tiptoeing Through the Tulips
VIP Subscribing Member
Reaction score
This is just a piece of the puzzle Payton is putting together. He brought in a great QB and got lucky with a great receiver in Colston. Deuce looks good and Reggie is a special player, even if his rush stats aren't what we had hoped. Over the next year or two Payton will improve our defense, O-line, and maybe find a really good tight end. I just think this guy has us on track. A real QB was the first and most important piece of the puzzle, and with Brees he has a guy that can lead the team for years. Who Dat!

Bundok Saint

All-Weather Fan
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I thought this thread was going to be about Colston.

It's a good feeling when your team has not one, but two or more players that could go by that nickname. :Bandance:

HailStateSaintsFan

Formerly known as MSSaintfan
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Biloxi native, living in Central Mississippi
if we had a tall strong pole in end zone...
If we had Colston and Joe Horn at wideouts, and Zach Hilton back at TE in the Red Zone, with Deuce in the backfield, and Reggie in the slot, who would the defense have a stroke over first?

Sure wish Zach was here to provide the Twin Towers Red Zone TurboSaints.

NCSaint

"one fumble away from an epic finish"

wow - that hasn't been written about a Saint in a long time...if ever.

ThaMain1

Crash and Dash
Reaction score
Brees is on pace to have his best year ever as a pro.
Yr Tm G GS Att Cmp Pct Yds YPA Lg TD Int Tkld 20+ 40+ Rate

04 SD 15 15 400 262 65.5 3159 7.90 79 27 7 18/131 40 9 104.8

06 NO 9 9 331 217 65.6 2604 7.87 86 15 7 9/57 34 8 95.8

Definitely on pace for 04 numbers (his best yr) but I think yardage and TD's will increase. Yardage ALOT.

Last edited:
Reaction score
"one fumble away from an epic finish"

wow - that hasn't been written about a Saint in a long time...if ever.
It was an incredible game. They panned to the sideline near the end of the game, Brees had his helmet on, and was wiping something from his eye ...probably sweat, but I think, without any disrespect, maybe a small tear.

I think it was this week that I heard Ladanian Tomlinson say this game is played with emotion, and I thought of Brees laying it on that field.

And if I can encourage the SupaMan Reggie, I would say just put the fumbles and mistakes behind you, and Go Man, Go!

Play the game with heart Saints!

So why not the Saints?

Go Saints, Geaux!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Headlines

Top Bottom