Mr. Davis! (1 Viewer)

it wasn’t an “intentionally“ dirty hit. But it wasn’t “clean”. It was definitely helmet to helmet. But that was truly the receivers fault for losing his head. Davis tried to turn away but there wasn’t enough time.
Not on my TV it wasn’t, hit head with shoulder

..haven't seen it posted yet, but I gotta say it .

WADDA SHOT!!!!

..that's the kinda hit that would make Vaughn Johnson smile.. that is all..

NW.
There was no intention to harm
But certainly a penalty in today’s NFL
BUT
I’ve never understood the enthusiasm for ‘de-cleaters’
The hits themselves aren’t anything spectacular, just an example of physics
Hits like DD shooting a gap and standing up an RB
Or CJGJ stoning Fournette on a gimme 1st down
are much more impressive

It is a dangerous hit. I am not saying it is a dirty hit. Davis didn't have time to adjust his position. Still a dangerous hit.

I don't think he should be fined, but I also don't think it is a hit to celebrate about.

Well said as usual Guido! I was in a non-partial sports bar to see the game and 100% of the folks I spoke with all agreed it was a penalty by the league rules today. I did not hear one happy about the ruling knowing this is happening to their teams also. And the few I spoke with said it was unavoidable what Davis did.

And yes I'll cap this, MAJOR STANDING O FOR DAVIS - who showed the ultimate of class being as close to the downed player as the refs would allow, helmet off. on one knee, appeared to be praying for the downed opponent = PURE CLASS AT THE HIGHEST LEVEL! Our team is not just elite and tough physically, but also very classy. We have no punks.

And yes I'll cap this, MAJOR STANDING O FOR DAVIS - who showed the ultimate of class being as close to the downed player as the refs would allow, helmet off. on one knee, appeared to be praying for the downed opponent = PURE CLASS AT THE HIGHEST LEVEL! Our team is not just elite and tough physically, but also very classy. We have no punks.

Absolutely. Incredible respect for him after seeing that. Those are the kind of players that make you proud of your team. Win or lose!

It was definitely helmet to helmet.

No it wasn't. The call was a hit on a defenseless receiver, not a helmet to helmet. Hitting a defense receiver does not necessarily indicate helmet to helmet. If you slow down the play in question, you can see it is Davis' shoulder that is making the contact, not his head.

Here's the play from ESPN website:

Like I said... A receiver attempting to catch a pass who has not had time to clearly become a runner.

Defenseless player was the right call... you can say you don't like the rule (there is a discussion to be had there)... but the rule was applied correctly here (no discussion necessary).

No it wasn't. The call was a hit on a defenseless receiver, not a helmet to helmet. Hitting a defense receiver does not necessarily indicate helmet to helmet. If you slow down the play in question, you can see it is Davis' shoulder that is making the contact, not his head.
Ok. Sorry. The point was that it was definitely a foul., even though I don’t believe Davis intended it to be.

If Davis had of tried getting out of the way, he risked injury to himself. Hit was initially with the shoulder. The guys leg looked badly contorted from the hit. Could have MCL, ACL damage. I feel if Davis didn’t engage, a similar injury could have happened him. Letter of the law it’s a penalty, but you can’t blame Davis for the tackle. He has to brace for collision impact. Bad throw, unfortunate injury. Hopefully nothing serious. Davis showed his class. No disagreement from him, just consideration for his injured opponent.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom