Mr. Official Ed Hoculi (1 Viewer)

Reaction score
Is it just me or can you not stand Ed Hochuli. It seems as if everytime we get him as an official there are numerous questionable calls.

He gives the longest explanations on calls and does the most ridiculous animated 1st down signal.

Are the steroids getting to him or is that Baby GAP bought ref jersey cutting off the blood to his brain?

I am glad we won and he didn't cost us the game this time (like the Minnesota game), but I just despise him "Officially."

yea i can't stand him since he blew the monday night game for us last year....with the peterson fumble and blatant reggie facemask.

whenever a ref has to give a 2 or 3 sentence explanation for a call...something aint right in my opinion.

I actually appreciate the long explanation, although Ed may do it because it gives him a little more "TV Face" time. Ed needs the extra time for the..........GUN SHOW BABY!!!!

I like how he explains things.

I don't like the way his team can't consistently call a hold at all and how they seem to simply not want to call blatant block in the backs.

But it is what it is. We are good enough that it doesn't matter anymore.

I don't have a problem with him at all.

I think him and his crew called a pretty good game Sunday and I don't think we're any more likely to get a bad call from them than any other officiating crew in the league.

We'll just always have to play better than the bad calls that may come our way.

His explination of the Shanlee fumble was the same one he gave for the Peterson fumble last year. So was it a blown call yesterday too.

Is it just me or can you not stand Ed Hochuli. It seems as if everytime we get him as an official there are numerous questionable calls.

He gives the longest explanations on calls and does the most ridiculous animated 1st down signal.

From the standpoint of someone who has an interest in the mechanics of the rules and officiating, I really appreciate that Hochuli takes the time to explain his rulings. NFL rules are very technical in nature, and it's often a mystery what the rational was for a crucial call...especially if the only explanation you get is something like "The ruling on the field stands..." Why would anyone have a problem with an official who is willing to impart a little more information to the fans?

Oh...the A.P. down-by-contact ruling in the Vikings game was exactly correct under the rule...just like yesterday's ruling.

I understand an explanation, but not an entire book report on the ruling at hand.

I like the explanations too. Sounds like you are in the minority on this one. He made some strange calls yesterday, no doubt, but let's face it - no one hates the refs when their team is winning.

Well yesterday i had had about enough of him, BUT by the end of the game it had evened out quite a bit... and i'll give him some props for sticking to his fumble rule that jacked us last year in the minne game. The thing i didn't like was the constant lack of holding calls on the Giants. I think it was pretty even tho by the end of the game.

His explanations are excellent. His arms are excellent. His crew is blind.

I appreciate the explanation, too. It is also fun to watch the perplexed looks on our drunken brothers/fans' faces as they are not sure whether to cheer or boo.

If he would have called the shanle play a fumble yesterday after calling AP's run down by contact I would be ticked. He makes a lot of calls, but you can blame that on the policies of the NFL and how they rate their officials. The highest rated officials always make more calls, so there is no reward for "letting them play it on the field". The ones who make more calls are always in the playoffs and can really tick you off there.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom