Mr. Official Ed Hoculi (1 Viewer)

also it ticked me off that the wardrobe department didn't provide him with his normal extra medium or smedium shirt. So the gun show was under wraps yesterday...

The game was very well officiated. The only call I question was the holding call on O'Hara, but you couldn't really see him during the replay...so I don't know what happened. And he was blocking downfield when the ball was in the air, so in the end, it's kind of a wash.

I'd like a single other example of a bad call in that game. Most of the guys questioning the calls clearly don't understand the rules of the game. You might not like the rules, but that's besides the point. It's the refs job to enforce the rules that are in place.

Well yesterday i had had about enough of him, BUT by the end of the game it had evened out quite a bit... and i'll give him some props for sticking to his fumble rule that jacked us last year in the minne game. The thing i didn't like was the constant lack of holding calls on the Giants. I think it was pretty even tho by the end of the game.

Funny...I just got through reading a Giants fan on another board complaining about the dozen-or-so holding penalties that should have been called on the Saints.

I'm not a fan of him as a official at all. His long explanations remind me of people who are compulsive liars who tell elaborate stories to make their lies believable. Controversy always seems to follow him.

I think he called a pretty fair game yesterday. The helmet-to-helmet on Vilma was legit and the no fumble on Shanle (while close) was also the correct call. As for as holding calls, there were plenty on both sides that could have been called but were not. I prefer it that way, you can almost call holding on any play. I think he called one major holding hold on each team. One against us that set us back from near the goal line) but we still scored and one against the Jets when Eli had all day to throw and threw an answered prayer to Jacobs in the endzone on 4th down (they settled for a FG after that).

The game was very well officiated. The only call I question was the holding call on O'Hara, but you couldn't really see him during the replay...so I don't know what happened. And he was blocking downfield when the ball was in the air, so in the end, it's kind of a wash.

I'd like a single other example of a bad call in that game. Most of the guys questioning the calls clearly don't understand the rules of the game. You might not like the rules, but that's besides the point. It's the refs job to enforce the rules that are in place.

The problem with the O'Hara holding call was

1) O'Hara was downfield, past the LOS, before the ball was thrown. So ineligible man downfield

2) There was a block in the back

but

3) There was no hold.

So there were 2 different calls that could have been made there and they inexplicably made a totally different 3rd one.

Other then that and the shakey PI call we got that one drive (and i've seen shakier) it was pretty well officiated.

Oh they missed I think I saw two ridiculously blatant holds. But they didn't call holding to speak of at all, only once on Heath Evans, so meh. As long as it's consistent.

His explination of the Shanlee fumble was the same one he gave for the Peterson fumble last year. So was it a blown call yesterday too.

Exactly. I couldn't believe he said it just like he did last year. You just know he was waiting to make that call---and I'm glad he did. Getback one year later.

That resulting TD iced the game, IMO.

His explination of the Shanlee fumble was the same one he gave for the Peterson fumble last year. So was it a blown call yesterday too.

I realize this is an unpopular opinion here, but Adrian Peterson did not lose control of the football last year before he was down. The ball was firmly in his hand the entire time - even if his arm was moving. This is what Ed said, this is what I saw.

Believe me, I want to think otherwise and feel jaded against Hoculi, but for that play I cannot. For the Reggie facemask non-call, of course, I can.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom