Mr. Rogers Was the Greatest American (2 Viewers)

Ive always been a bigger fan of the X-Men and Batman animated series of the early 90s, probably two of the most popular, yet underrated TV series of their time. Maybe Gargoyles at a distant third, they were different types of series in that they seemed to be made for preteens but I always felt they had more of an adult, mature, moodier themes and characters. Certainly different from other "kids' series at the time or ones that came before it. I dont see Magneto as a villian at all especially if you look at his Jewish background surviving Auschwitz but the Nazis killing his parents because they were judged as being different and racially inferior by those in power. I think his hatred towards humans and humanity in general is completely justified compared to a niave, young impressionable Xavier who came from a rich privileged background in New York telling him that humanity and mutants can co-exist. He didnt lose his family or see his people gassed in death camps and its not even fair to label Magneto a racist or a bigot, he can just point to all of the mounds of mass graves, Einzsangruppen death squads, and death camps as evidence exhibits to prove his point that humans are paranoid, rash, immoral beings that want to eradicate his kind, again. They tried to systematically wipe out Magneto before simply because he was a Jew, his emotions and actions are just realistic.

MR Rogers is definitely my favorite X-Men villain

ive always been a bigger fan of the x-men and batman animated series of the early 90s, probably two of the most popular, yet underrated tv series of their time. Maybe gargoyles at a distant third, they were different types of series in that they seemed to be made for preteens but i always felt they had more of an adult, mature, moodier themes and characters. Certainly different from other "kids' series at the time or ones that came before it. I dont see magneto as a villian at all especially if you look at his jewish background surviving auschwitz but the nazis killing his parents because they were judged as being different and racially inferior by those in power. I think his hatred towards humans and humanity in general is completely justified compared to a niave, young impressionable xavier who came from a rich privileged background in new york telling him that humanity and mutants can co-exist. He didnt lose his family or see his people gassed in death camps and its not even fair to label magneto a racist or a bigot, he can just point to all of the mounds of mass graves, einzsangruppen death squads, and death camps as evidence exhibits to prove his point that humans are paranoid, rash, immoral beings that want to eradicate his kind, again. They tried to systematically wipe out magneto before simply because he was a jew, his emotions and actions are just realistic.

:0030:

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Thanks Mister Rogers for teaching us about curiosity, imagination, respect, and love. <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/MisterRogers50?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#MisterRogers50</a> <a href="https://t.co/gCiVDU5tcT">pic.twitter.com/gCiVDU5tcT</a></p>&mdash; PBS Digital Studios (@PBSDS) <a href="https://twitter.com/PBSDS/status/965596450733228032?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">February 19, 2018</a></blockquote>
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Colin Hanks as Mr. Rogers on Drunk History

This is the first time that I thought that he looked like his father, but around 1:30 I totally see Tom's mannerisms in that

Last edited:
The old Cheech and Chong thing where Mr. Rogers interviewed a bass player was pretty good back in the day.

He is best known for what he meant to children. That was, after all, what Fred Rogers’s life and career were all about — every song he sang, every puppet he voiced, every considered word he spoke on his beloved television program, “Mister Rogers’ Neighborhood.” Mister Rogers was for kids.

But he was for parents, too. For the adults who sat beside their little ones and watched the soft-spoken man in his handmade cardigan sweater model what communication with children should look like.

For the grown-ups who turned to his words time and again for advice about how to help their children through difficult times in their lives, or in the society around them.

Which might explain why Rogers has been having a moment recently — or, maybe, why his moment never really ended...........

I couldn't find a good thread to put this in, but considering all that's been going on lately, I thought this would be appropriate. This episode was aired in 1969, shortly after all of the turmoil following the assassination of MLK and the Civil rights movement. Just an incredible gesture by Mr. Rogers to not just befriend, but show genuine respect for a black, gay man and the man played the role of a police officer, which, to him, was a completely alien idea because of the low view of the police at that time. Fascinating story and I don't recall ever seeing the episode myself.

Never watched it. Was it something like Mr. Robinson's Neighborhood?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom