Mr. Tomato.... (1 Viewer)

Mr. Tomato's cousin is about to be hung in my yard. We'll see how it turns out.

my little garden survived. here is a pic

T

Attachments

• DSC00523.JPG
    DSC00523.JPG
    65.3 KB · Views: 167
Mr tomato and all his friends did fine.... It was about 40% of my grapevine that got hit the hardest. The new buds and spourts bit the bust, but what did survive is growing fine now... I even see little baby grapes...

For some strange reason my other grapevine [same kind only older] is not really showing anything right now. I have a hard time thinkng that it just died. It has one new vine growth, but the existing vines are jusy laying ideal for some reason....

But og Yea... I've but stuff blooming all over.... My puter went down, so I can;t send any pics at this time... I just have a temp laptop for a little while.

Joe

Mr tomato and all his friends did fine.... It was about 40% of my grapevine that got hit the hardest. The new buds and spourts bit the bust, but what did survive is growing fine now... I even see little baby grapes...

For some strange reason my other grapevine [same kind only older] is not really showing anything right now. I have a hard time thinkng that it just died. It has one new vine growth, but the existing vines are jusy laying ideal for some reason....

But og Yea... I've but stuff blooming all over.... My puter went down, so I can;t send any pics at this time... I just have a temp laptop for a little while.

Joe

JOE..
Some fruit need a certain number of "heat hours" to break out of dormancy. Give it time. If it sprouted on one side..its probably dead scratch it and see if its green under teh "bark". If not, its probably dead.

That's kind of what I'm thinking Rob... Since it is the oldest plant that I have, it may just be a little more hesitant... I'll take your advice tomorrow in the sun and see what results that I have...

Those Snowball bushes that I planted last year when I built my shed... They rock... What a nice break from blandness of just the lawn... and they are happy.. and I mean happy....

On that IRis along the fencerow idea, I did plant some around the tree in the middle. My purple double bloomers are about done, and now all my other colors are coming up.. Depnding on what things look like this summer, I may dig from all the iris and have a multi colored run by the fenceline.. That just depends...

Now, My "Black" iris is about to bloom... and I am anticous to see if it's a Black, or just a purple... I can;t even remember where I got it... But it's supossed to be black.

I've got this Oklahoma Hybrid tea rose bush in the back.... It got hit hard by the ice storm we had and broke some much of it off, that I just cut it all the way back to the bottom.... Best thing I ever did. That sucker has now sprouted so many new branches it's gonna be fully than before...

What I am worried about are my red tip photinias... Seems they have become real lanky with no meat.. Somethine is killing the new sprouts of branches and leaves..., they are getting tall, but not full and thick.. Fungus maybe??? Or shuold they be prunned... I always thought red tips were prettty much maintence free.

any ideas on that?

Joe

yeah i know they are close together just how it ended up. I will spread them out more next year.

They are better boys!

T

Better Boys and Big Boys is what I put out as well. You might want to consider pinching the suckers off of the stems when they start getting them. That will open up more room for air circulation. If they don't get enough air moving around them, they are really prone to fungus/blight.

The "suckers" will appear between the main "trunk" and the "branches". I bet you are going to need bigger stakes before you are through as well. Your plants look really healthy. Looks like you got some nice soil too.

Good soil is tough to come by up here in the hills. Rocks and rocks, and more rocks...

Thought I would share some pictures since everything is starting to look good in the yard. I was at the garden this afternoon and I saw the first tomatoes on the plants. We have about ten that are this size right now.

The squash plants are getting huge

Mr Orlenader is looking good

THe first rose on the bush is just coming out

Last edited:
Our excesses rain and high winds have my whiskey barrel planted tomatos leaning over on the ground... but they're still producing although smaller than last year. cherry tomatos that is...

What do you do with banana peppers? We planted very late this summer and only got sweet banana peppers, but have no idea what to do with them.

What were the results of Mr. Tomato Joe? I'm trying two this year in one big bucket. I cut the holes on the side like I saw on a TV commercial. Did yours produce?

I'm curious as well. My fiance put our sickest looking (still healthy, just not as healthy as the others) potted tomato in one of those upside-down things. It was the only one that wasn't labeled :covri: so hopefully we can figure out which variety it is.

How did this work out for you last year?

Oddly, one of my cats really likes people food, and one doesn't, although that one will whine for it when he sees it, and then not eat it (even fish and seafood).

Our basil plants are pretty prolific too. One season we used the remainder to make basil ice cream. It came out fantastic!!!

Try planting catnip in your house.
Talk about a mistake.

It was like living with a cat meth addict.

Who knew???

/

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom