Mr. Tomato.... (1 Viewer)

Joe OKC

"Better Days"
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Is upside down.. Thought that I would give it a try this year... will let you know the results...

Joe

Attachments

• tomato.JPG
    tomato.JPG
    78.6 KB · Views: 21
It looks like Mr. Clothes-Dryer found his way into your neighbor's yard.

What IS that back there? :hihi: is that a wind machine?

No.. My nieghbor is crazy... That is a whole other thread.. Just needs pics to back it up. ;)

Joe

I always plant around 30 tomato plants each year. I have never done the upside down method. I'll be interested to know how it goes. We are still a couple of weeks away from considering planting anything like tomatoes here......

For what it's worth... after about 2 weeks.... Mr. Upside down tomato is already showing signs of growing faster than the tomato planted normally, at the same time and both from the same batch.

Here's a little more informative link. Growing Tomatoes Upside Down? An Alternative Garden Plan

Joe

Last edited:
I gotta try that. My sis was telling me about that the other day. I think it would be great for our balcony and add some privacy.

I'll probably do grape maters again. Does it work with any mater?

My mom did two upside down plants last year. One of them did excellently! The other one apparently got two heavy for the hanging basket and fell to the ground. End of that Mr. Tomato :)

I'll probably do grape maters again. Does it work with any mater?

It should, but smaller maters will work better because you can't stake the plant (obviously).

I planted three lemon boy plants (http://davesgarden.com/guides/pf/go/30940/) and 3 better boy plants yesterday. First time in pots instead of raised beds, so we will see how they do.

Nope. Can't do that.

"Danger:
Parts of plant are poisonous if ingested"

Everything we plant has to be ok for kitty cats. That's why we have chives.

I am doing tomatoes the first time this year, did normal in pot variety. They are already getting big and I am finding myself having to stake them at multiple points.

I have kitty cats and haven't had a problem. YMMV.

No probs yet and want to avoid it at all costs since both of them are greens freaks. Anything green and they're munchin hard core. What is YMMV?:idunno:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom