MSNBC Correspondent Suspended After Chelsea Clinton Comment (1 Viewer)

philipkw

Truth Finder
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Just read where David Shuster's in deep kimchi after suggesting that the Clinton campaign had "pimped out" Chelsea. Now Hill is threatening to pull out of all future MSNBC debates

2008 Political Season >>>> 2004 Political Season

:9:

<a href=http://www.mediabistro.com/tvnewser/politics/shuster_suspended_for_pimped_out_comment_77059.asp>Read More</a>

This is retarted. All this PC crap is so overboard

This is lame. I was pretty aghast when Limbaugh dogged Chelsea (pun intended) during Bill's presidency, but she was a 13 year old girl back then. She's an adult now with a fancy degree and a well paying job, and an adult who is actively and publically participating in a presidential campaign. I think you can say whatever you damn well please about her now.

But I agree this is going to potentially be the most exciting Presidential election since at the least 1992, and if we can get the Ron Paulbots going for a 3rd party ticket we'll probably top that year too.

Just read where David Shuster's in deep kimchi after suggesting that the Clinton campaign had "pimped out" Chelsea. Now Hill is threatening to pull out of all future MSNBC debates

2008 Political Season >>>> 2004 Political Season

:9:

<a href=http://www.mediabistro.com/tvnewser/politics/shuster_suspended_for_pimped_out_comment_77059.asp>Read More</a>

It wouldn't matter if MSNBC aired a Bill/Hillary Clinton sex tape in it's entirety tonight. Right now, Hillary wants/needs all the free TV she can get and she definitely won't turn down any debates.

From the NY Times:

Clinton Campaign Threatens to Boycott MSNBC Debates

By Katharine Q. Seelye
Updated The Clinton campaign may refuse to do any further debates on MSNBC because of a comment that David Shuster, a political correspondent, made regarding Chelsea Clinton.
Mr. Shuster has been suspended from appearing on all NBC News broadcasts, after asking during an interview whether “Chelsea is sort of being pimped out in some weird sort of way?” by making calls to superdelegates. He is supposed to be making an on-air apology later tonight.
But Howard Wolfson, a spokesman for the Clinton campaign, just said on a conference call with reporters that he was not aware of any apology so far. He said the comment was “disgusting” and “beneath contempt.”

He also noted that Chris Matthews, an MSNBC anchor whom he did not identify by name, had also apologized on air last month _ for saying that
Mrs. Clinton had succeeded only out of sympathy because of her husband’s infidelity — but had not apologized to Mrs. Clinton.
Mr. Wolfson suggested there was a pattern at MSNBC where comments are made and then apologized for. He then noted that Mrs. Clinton had participated in a number of debates on MSNBC and had just agreed yesterday to another one, but added: “I can’t envision we’ll continue to debate on that network given the comments.”
Update | 3:15 p.m.
Jeremy Gaines, MSNBC’s vice president for media relations, just sent the following comment via e-mail:
On Thursday’s “Tucker” on MSNBC, David Shuster, who was serving as guest-host of the program, made a comment about Chelsea Clinton and the Clinton campaign that was irresponsible and inappropriate. Shuster, who apologized this morning on MSNBC and will again this evening, has been suspended from appearing on all NBC News broadcasts, other than to make his apology. He has also extended an apology to the Clinton family. NBC News takes these matters seriously, and offers our sincere regrets to the Clintons for the remarks.
Both the Clinton and Obama campaigns accepted invitations from us on Thursday evening to participate in a February 26th debate. Our conversations with the Clinton campaign about their participation continue today, and we are hopeful that the event will take place as planned.

It wouldn't matter if MSNBC aired a Bill/Hillary Clinton sex tape in it's entirety tonight. Right now, Hillary wants/needs all the free TV she can get and she definitely won't turn down any debates.

Mods I request a ban for even mentioning this.

just a candidate looking for press - isn't there some old saying that's there's no such thing as bad press

I like the feigned outrage, it will play well for her. It's a news cycle that she wins, and you know the media would rather talk about that than anything substantive.

It also means that MSNBC will be even gentler on Hillary. Look what they did to Chris Matthews. He was really hammering Hillary, but Emily's List has him eating out of their hand now.

The Clinton's are the best at pivoting, and they sure got a good jump on this non-story. On one hand, they preach experience. On the other hand they have Chelsea out in front, calling the members of The View and uncommitted super delegates. While I wouldn't have said Chelsea was being "pimped out," I wouldn't exactly deny that she's being used to portray the Clintons as sympathetic figures. Most Democrats remember what talk-radio hosts said about her and they also feel sorry for her that she had to go through the terrible scandals of the 90's. She's a sympathetic figure who plays to the crowd of people who feel sorry for the Clinton women and think that Hillary deserves to be President after putting up with Bill.

I don't think what was said on MSNBC was out of bounds.

This is lame. I was pretty aghast when Limbaugh dogged Chelsea (pun intended) during Bill's presidency, but she was a 13 year old girl back then. She's an adult now with a fancy degree and a well paying job, and an adult who is actively and publically participating in a presidential campaign. I think you can say whatever you damn well please about her now.

Yes, but Rush Limbaugh is a hypocritical, doctor-shopping junkie... MSNBC is ostensibly a responsible news organization, and while using a term like "pimped-out" on a Limbaugh or Don Imus program might fly- an MSNBC reporter should know better.

Yes, but Rush Limbaugh is a hypocritical, doctor-shopping junkie... MSNBC is ostensibly a responsible news organization, and while using a term like "pimped-out" on a Limbaugh or Don Imus program might fly- an MSNBC reporter should know better.

Agreed.

just a candidate looking for press - isn't there some old saying that's there's no such thing as bad press

Yep, just like her 24 hour old "funding crisis". This is fun to watch.:hihi:

Here's the clip of his comment, followed by the CYA apology:

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/OIxgw04Y0Fc&rel=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/OIxgw04Y0Fc&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

and a 2nd apology:

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ClM3sC_EzN4&rel=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ClM3sC_EzN4&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom