MST3K on Netflix (1 Viewer)

bonnjer

Let the Wins Count begin!
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Get ready for the Robot Roll-Call: <a href="https://twitter.com/MST3K">@MST3K</a> is coming to Netflix April 14! <a href="https://t.co/iYVT7RhcTo">pic.twitter.com/iYVT7RhcTo</a></p>&mdash; Netflix US (@netflix) <a href="https://twitter.com/netflix/status/834279202589323265">February 22, 2017</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

So excited for this! Just a few weeks away!

I adored this show when it was Joel, Trace as Crow/Dr Forrester, Kevin Murphy as Servo, and Frank Conniff as TV's Frank. Hell, my username is from Manos: The Hands of Fate episode. But, even though Mike Nelson was head writer for most of the best episodes, I lost interest once he took Joel's place.

I don't know. I will definitely check this out, but with new people, I'm not sure it can recapture the magic it once had. I do like Felicia Day and Patton Oswalt.

I adored this show when it was Joel, Trace as Crow/Dr Forrester, Kevin Murphy as Servo, and Frank Conniff as TV's Frank. Hell, my username is from Manos: The Hands of Fate episode. But, even though Mike Nelson was head writer for most of the best episodes, I lost interest once he took Joel's place.

I don't know. I will definitely check this out, but with new people, I'm not sure it can recapture the magic it once had. I do like Felicia Day and Patton Oswalt.

same. i did watch with Mike but def preferred Joel
it's just so hard to catch lightning in a bottle - much less doing it as a re-boot
Daily Show is really the only thing i can think of that improved on the previous formula (I consider BSG, et al a re-imagining and not quite what MST3K is doing) - most attempts seem to go the X-files route

but there's always hope

I like Mike better and to go all the Rifftrax showings.

Just a heads up. Netflix has dropped 20 classic episodes this week. I have most on DVD, but still enough content for Joel or Mike fans. I'm watching Catalina Caper right now.

Just a heads up. Netflix has dropped 20 classic episodes this week. I have most on DVD, but still enough content for Joel or Mike fans. I'm watching Catalina Caper right now.

Thanks for the heads up. I had not seen it. Between Iron Fist and this, I'll have plenty to tide me over until the new season starts up. :)

Agree 100%. Joel was the best. I can't even remember how they explained the transition from Joel to Mike.

Agree 100%. Joel was the best. I can't even remember how they explained the transition from Joel to Mike.

It was during the movie, Mitchell, starring Joe Don Baker. It's actually one of my favorites. Joel finds an escape pod, aptly dubbed "Deus Ex Machina." Mike was doing Joel's old job and the Mads tricked him into being shipped to the SOL.

And, I don't hate Mike. I actually really enjoyed the MST3K movie. But, there was just something about Joel's almost lazy delivery that made the show for me. Once he left, and other cast changes were made, I had to walk away.

It was during the movie, Mitchell, starring Joe Don Baker. It's actually one of my favorites. Joel finds an escape pod, aptly dubbed "Deus Ex Machina." Mike was doing Joel's old job and the Mads tricked him into being shipped to the SOL.

And, I don't hate Mike. I actually really enjoyed the MST3K movie. But, there was just something about Joel's almost lazy delivery that made the show for me. Once he left, and other cast changes were made, I had to walk away.

Exactly. I lost interest after Joel was gone.

I watched the first two episodes this morning. I enjoyed them, but I didn't find them to be the greatest ever. I won't be binging all 14 episodes. Instead, I'll just take an episode or two at a time over the next couple of weeks.

I like mike and joel equally. My favorite episode is a Mike episode - Time Chasers.

If you havent seen it, it's one of the 20 classics on Netflix right now.

I like mike and joel equally. My favorite episode is a Mike episode - Time Chasers.

If you havent seen it, it's one of the 20 classics on Netflix right now.

Love Time Chasers as well. I think my favorite is A Touch of Satan.

Loved Santa Claus vs the martians one

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom