MT leaves practice today with a trainer. (3 Viewers)

Every season we have a player - who for whatever reason, just can’t get off the injury report. Sad to see it looks like MT this season. I would have bet money it was going to be Davenport (knock on wood - rub a rabbits foot).
The season is far from over, for Davenport and Peat, and Repeat. Thomas will be injured all year off and on with the hamstring; watch! He must have hurt it last week.

He’s got an ankle or a bladder, or both.
Let’s not overlook #2. One of my worse football experiences was having to go midway through the 3rd quarter of a home game. I told my coach and he ran with me to unlock the door to our field house. I barely made it in time but coming out I felt like everyone in the stands knew what I had to do and was laughing.

Was looking forward to him being back this week, but look for him to be another 3-4 weeks unfortunately.

When you run on a high ankle sprain you risk having altered mechanics that can result in other lower extremity injuries. It happened last year with Kamara. Wash, rinse, repeat.

About to post something similar. Also when you take time to rest your muscles atrophy slightly. Once you resume sports the hammy is usually the first thing to tighten up. That and the calf/Achilles. Hope they are smart about this.

Lol I wouldn’t be surprised if Mike feels as though he’s going to sit simply since he couldn’t play last game and get paid for free... I hope not but just a thought

The safe word is "don't stop"

05ceb6be5357ea8c1aa4c66c6f92649e.jpg

That high ankle sprain is going to bother him for the rest of the season...........there is no magic cure or treatment for it.

Speaking of altered mechanics whenever it is that he does make it back people need to be prepared for not seeing the Can'tgaurdMike that we've become accustomed to seeing. It won't bother his straight line speed much but the violent cuts that Thomas is accustomed to making won't be there and it won't be because he's slacking or taking plays off...................................he won't be able to make those cuts on that bad wheel.

Just like Kamara last season Thomas will be a shell of himself.

If MT can't cut he is obviously still too sad about the loss of Mark Ingram.

On a serious note, for once I would like to see our offense at full strength. I know every team deals with injury but last year it was Brees and AK, and this year it's MT.

Oh well. Heavy dose of the run game and keep TH on the sidelines and we can still win games with this group.

Last edited:
Lol I wouldn’t be surprised if Mike feels as though he’s going to sit simply since he couldn’t play last game and get paid for free... I hope not but just a thought
Huh? 🤦‍♂️

Yes, let's completely ignore that there were rumblings that MT has been frustrated that he couldn't play since week 1. Let's just throw out some crazy, unsubstantiated speculation that he doesn't actually want to play.

I find it very interesting that he omitted that he left with a trainer. That to me is just bizarre. Why would he say that if it didn't happen? Do the Saints have their finger on him that much to get him to change his verbiage on something so trivial?

Tom Pelissero (@TomPelissero) Tweeted:
#Saints star WR Michael Thomas tweaked a hamstring in practice — just the latest hurdle as he tries to get back on the field Sunday against the #Panthers. @gmfb @NFLNetwork https://t.co/heGCYy8Ztl

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom